Boston loses in Three straight

Uli2001

Give me an Indians-Cubs World Series. Somebody's streak will end. Would be entertaining.

Nah. I want those teams to keep losing forever. It is part of their charm. I think they should remove lighting from Wrigley field as well.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't have a horse in this race but if they learned a lesson why didn't Baltimore get one of the expansion franchises.

2 reasons:

1. The NFL wanted to expand in the Southeast (aka NASCAR country).

2. NFL owners wanted the Baltimore stadium funding to remain on the table to use as leverage in their own cities to get better stadium deals.

This gives me some solace after a miserable exit.

Terry Francona is a heckuva manager and that was some sweet revenge. I don't care if the Indians win the World Series at this point, so long as the Browns stay the same.

I don't know ... In Game 1, I really don't understand why Francona used Miller in the 5th inning and then used him for multiple innings. He's clearly an 8th inning guy who should only pitch for one inning regardless of how dominant he is. Using Miller early forced Francona to use his closer for 2 innings later in the game. I know they won the game, but isn't it more important to use relievers in traditional roles, regardless of whether you win or lose?

The man clearly has no respect for the integrity of the game.

I don't know ... In Game 1, I really don't understand why Francona used Miller in the 5th inning and then used him for multiple innings. He's clearly an 8th inning guy who should only pitch for one inning regardless of how dominant he is. Using Miller early forced Francona to use his closer for 2 innings later in the game. I know they won the game, but isn't it more important to use relievers in traditional roles, regardless of whether you win or lose?

The man clearly has no respect for the integrity of the game.

Francona obviously recovered from his prescription pill addiction and has a keen view of modern baseball.

2 reasons:

1. The NFL wanted to expand in the Southeast (aka NASCAR country).

2. NFL owners wanted the Baltimore stadium funding to remain on the table to use as leverage in their own cities to get better stadium deals.

Baltimore is not a major market untethered from the DC one.

And yet they both can support - very easily - 2 NFL teams. Odd, right?

And, even "untethered" (whatever the hell that means), the Baltimore market is 20 places higher than the Jacksonville market.

It appears at this point that an NFL franchise could exist in Peoria.

And yet they both can support - very easily - 2 NFL teams. Odd, right?

And, even "untethered" (whatever the hell that means), the Baltimore market is 20 places higher than the Jacksonville market.

Baltimore, Annapolis, Washington is one indigenous market.

Archived