vs. YANKEES, 2/27 on MASN

scOtt

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

How is that?

He is taking a lot of called strikes again.  He should have been wrung up on the pitch before (fastball that seemed to clip the outside corner) he was actually called out on strikes (which was a good breaking ball).  He still has lots of time to turn it around but... 

29 minutes ago, terps19 said:

He is taking a lot of called strikes again.  He should have been wrung up on the pitch before (fastball that seemed to clip the outside corner) he was actually called out on strikes (which was a good breaking ball).  He still has lots of time to turn it around but... 

He's also walking a bunch.  I wouldn't be overly concerned about the patient approach.

49 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

He's also walking a bunch.  I wouldn't be overly concerned about the patient approach.

I hope you are right.  I dont think the Os envisioned paying Davis that much money to walk.  I just thought he would be swinging the bat better.  But it is early.  Im just a little less confident in my statement he will be that .250-.260 hitter we saw in past years.  

I hope you are right.  I dont think the Os envisioned paying Davis that much money to walk.  I just thought he would be swinging the bat better.  But it is early.  Im just a little less confident in my statement he will be that .250-.260 hitter we saw in past years.  

I mean, I wasn't trying to imply that he won't do anything other than walk.  Just that it's been ~10 PA.  In Spring Training.  If you're concerned about him getting called out on called strikes, the fact that he's walking a lot is pretty relevant.

I mean, I wasn't trying to imply that he won't do anything other than walk.  Just that it's been ~10 PA.  In Spring Training.  If you're concerned about him getting called out on called strikes, the fact that he's walking a lot is pretty relevant.

Yes I do agree that walking is one of the good things Chris Davis can do and he certainly helped Trumbo with his numbers last year IMO.  Even though he had a down year, he could still hit it out of the park and pitchers had to prepare for that.  

Maybe I am growing impatient with my own prediction and hopes I had for Davis this season.  It is early, and pitchers are usually ahead of hitter this time of year.  

Yes I do agree that walking is one of the good things Chris Davis can do and he certainly helped Trumbo with his numbers last year IMO.  Even though he had a down year, he could still hit it out of the park and pitchers had to prepare for that.  

Maybe I am growing impatient with my own prediction and hopes I had for Davis this season.  It is early, and pitchers are usually ahead of hitter this time of year.  

With only about 10 ST plate appearances completed so far, I would say this is likely the case.

Archived