@ #23 Texas, 9/2

ArtVanDelay

1 minute ago, Cumberbundy said:

The fact that Hill didn't win the job is no reflection of his talent. It's nearly impossible for a freshman to start without enrolling early. The fact that he's 2nd speaks to how awful the kid from WV is.

Perhaps, and I'm hopeful it's just a learning curve thing, but if you can't beat out an option QB on a team that wants to be a pro style that says something to me. I hope I'm wrong, but I think true Freshmen starters are the guys that become special.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cumberbundy said:

Haskins really let MD down, I hope he never plays for OSU. 

Not everyone wants to be leader and help create something great. Some just want to be another cog in the wheel. Says more about the character than anything else.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Perhaps, and I'm hopeful it's just a learning curve thing, but if you can't beat out an option QB on a team that wants to be a pro style that says something to me. I hope I'm wrong, but I think true Freshmen starters are the guys that become special.

Piggy wasn't ever an option QB. He ripped the ball around in HS. My godfather coached QBs in the NFL & in college - he coached Favre, McNabb, Marcus Vick -- coached at Navy, Cuse, & brought Urban & Dan Mullen to work under him at ND. He's seen Piggy & likes him a good bit. It's almost impossible to start a true freshman, at Texas, in game one. That would feel like you're giving up to a lot of the upperclassmen. They know what Piggy is & coached are arrogant, they'll think they can compete as long as the guys are lined up right by piggy. Once they lose touch I imagine they'll let the more talented QB take over. Hill will be drafted. The Hill, Hills & Hill - Maryland loves to climb? ?

Sack! Brooooooks! 

Archived