Austin Hays

weams

2 hours ago, FlipTheBird said:

I don't understand how it'd help us get any cheaper.

Nor do I understand why trading a guy who's proven himself to play three guys that have 11 MLB at bats between them (all of which belong to Santander) seems like such an easy move to make.

Sorry, I didn't elaborate, more a long-term thing (in my opinion). Mancini is blocked at first, as we all know. I want to hang onto him, but say we trade him for a great pitching prospect, etc. We have players who could take his spot, and hopefully at least 1 pans out to be decent or good. That's a wash money-wise, but whoever we get in return could potentially save us from having to sign some high priced FA. Also, whoever replaces him in left would almost certainly play better defense out there. There are a lot of big IFs in this scenario for sure, I'm not saying we need to do this.

Again, lots of hypotheticals here, it's just a possibility. For the record, I don't think it's the ideal option, I was just responding to what someone else posted. Obviously the ideal situation would be to unload Davis or Trumbo, but that might not happen (especially Davis).

Rotographs:

Austin Hays: He’s gone from a very fringy prospect to a candidate for the minor league player of the year. Most of the improvement has been from unexpected power. Strangely, he has put similar lines at both High-A (16 HR, .328/.364/.592) and AA (16 HR, .330/.367/.594). Reports say he is serviceable at any outfield position and the only “hole” the Orioles have is Rickard in right field. The biggest question will be if he gets time in the field. Owners may need to buy now and evaluate as he either plays or rides the pine for nine.

http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/quick-takes-on-rookie-call-ups/

46 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Why not play them? This season is over. Play the young guys.

The season is over?    This is just one game.    At worst, we'll be 2 games out of the wild card at the end of the day, with 22 games to play.   Today's game sucks, but nothing's over.

1 hour ago, Tx Oriole said:

Why not play them? This season is over. Play the young guys.

It will be over when the O's play Cleveland this weekend.  They have won 14 in a row.  How do you think they will hit starters like Tillman and Miley.  Bundy is our only starter that would even make their starting rotation.

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

It will be over when the O's play Cleveland this weekend.  They have won 14 in a row.  How do you think they will hit starters like Tillman and Miley.  Bundy is our only starter that would even make their starting rotation.

I never prejudge the outcome of baseball games.   Cleveland will lose sometime.    Nobody thought we'd sweep Boston two weeks ago, did they?    I'm not saying I like  our odds, but they play the games for a reason.