Britton Out 6 months per Rosenthal

Rene88

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rene88 said:

In DD’s defense, Angelos vetoed.

I just don't understand how Duquette can be so terrible when it comes to convincing Angelos to make a "major" trade, but MacPhail was able to trade Bedard, Tejada, etc. Yes, different teams/expectations, but sometimes you need to be more convincing as a GM to set expectations for your owner. If Duquette is constantly selling Angelos on the idea that the O's could contend in 2018 (irresponsible), I'm legitimately curious where the blame should rest on?

I know that I report up the chain...and if I can't make a convincing argument for my team...I've failed, not ownership. Just my $0.02.

This is just sickening.    The O’s just can’t catch a break.   I literally just read an article this morning about how good Britton was feeling.    

And how does Rosenthal get this before our beat reporters do?    They’re useless.   

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Sue Boras!

Last week, Britton said he had one more follow-up with Dr. Neal ElAttrache and everything checked out. Britton has been working out at the Boras Corporation facility in Newport Beach, Calif., and is now on a regular offseason throwing program.

I guess had been .Maybe was with Brady.

https://www.baltimorebaseball.com/2017/12/13/zach-britton-says-knee-feels-great-hes-taking-trade-talk-stride-time/

God another set back.  Look, I get this is unpreventable, but we have the least competent management I can even comprehend.  While our rivals and opponents stack and re-stack at all levels (Dominican, international, college, high school, free agency, trades, always changing and improving front office and training/conditioning staff) we just stay the course.  We make mistake after mistake and when a small setback happens (god forbid a major one) we have absolutely no outs.  Yes Britton should have been moved last year, or at the deadline.  He wasn't.  But why would we expect otherwise?  We rarely move top relievers.  We ride them out and give them money for what they've done not what they will do.  We have no depth.  For years we had a major strength in our bullpen but the incompetence has squandered almost every last drop.  

Archived