Britton Out 6 months per Rosenthal

Rene88

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't it seem like there has been a big spike in achiles injuries across all sports?

If so, what is causing it? To much weight training building up (tightening) some muscles and putting unnatural stress on tendon?

Just spit balling off the top of my head... but I just don't remember this injury being so prevalent as it has been

Suggs (twice), Steve Smith, Jimmy Smith....

Just now, Going Underground said:

i guess we are spinning this so the starting pitchers we get are not going to be good.?

Per Roch:

Obviously, Brad Brach off the table now. Can't trade him despite all the interest because he's needed in backend of 'pen. So there's another hit in #orioles attempts to find starters.

Why is that "obvious"? If we trade Manny for the rebuild, we should absolutely trade Brach and go dumpster diving for the next Brach.

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

I thought under the players association contract, you could not release injured players unless you reach a settlement deal with them??????

Baseball contracts are guaranteed.  If Chris Davis got injured and the Orioles released him, Davis still gets all his money.   

With Zach was tendered a contract and will go through arbitration.  I don't know how the injury affects what Zach will get awarded in arbitration.       

28 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Pretty sure this is a no..........since they already tendered him for 2018.  They still have to go through arbitration though, which seems like it would be strongly affected by this.

From Britt:

Britton knows being released is a possibility. "We’ve kind of discussed it, but until [the Orioles] make a decision we'll go from there. The fact that it’s not an arm injury bodes well for me."

Just awful for everyone around. The Orioles wouldn't have any luck of they didn't have bad luck. Guess trading Britton for whatever they could have gotten at the deadline last year would have looked good now in hind site. As they always say, better to get rid of a guy a year early then a year late. 

Sucks for Zach as well. This has to hurt his value overall.

Looks like we get another year of Brach blowing saves like it's his job. This really should be the final nail in competing next year. They must trade Machado now.

So we need to sue Boras.

Orioles closer Zach Britton ruptured an Achilles tendon while working out in California Dec. 19. The left-hander, who missed considerable time in 2017 due to forearm and knee injuries, was working out at a facility operated by his agent, Scott Boras. 

https://www.pressboxonline.com/2017/12/20/orioles-closer-zach-britton-ruptures-achilles-expected-to-miss-at-least-six-months

Just now, Going Underground said:

So we need to sue Boras.

Orioles closer Zach Britton ruptured an Achilles tendon while working out in California Dec. 19. The left-hander, who missed considerable time in 2017 due to forearm and knee injuries, was working out at a facility operated by his agent, Scott Boras. 

https://www.pressboxonline.com/2017/12/20/orioles-closer-zach-britton-ruptures-achilles-expected-to-miss-at-least-six-months

nah, we blame Brady. :)

Archived