2018 Chris Tillman

Il BuonO

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of the time his velocity was in the upper 80's.  I think he hit 90 once that I saw.  His curve ball was as good as it ever been.  I sure am not convinced he has turned any corners but I feel real good for him personally as much as anything.  Chris Tillman has been a real good Oriole and at least for one night this year he was real good again. 

1 minute ago, El Gordo said:

Is this the blind squirrel or is he starting to figure it out?

I think the signs were there last start.  Yeah he gave up the 4 runs, but there weren't too many base runners and the HRs were solos on some just meatball FBs when the hitters were sitting dead red after he'd fallen behind in the count.  His secondaries though looked nice and he had 5Ks out of it.  I think his success going forward will be on the fastball command.  If he can stay out off the middle of the plate with the 88 mph meatballs, he can keep hitters off balance enough to be effective enough for a #5 starter with the slider/curve. 

Maybe our Jamie Moyer?

5 minutes ago, foxfield said:

I am thrilled at this, but does anyone have details?  OFFNY shows 98 pitches and 5K 2BB and 1HBP.  How was velocity?  Is this something to be excited about?  I hope so.

His fastball kissed 90 once or twice, but he actually located it well for the most part. His offspeed stuff was even better than his last start. He still managed to uncork several pitches that looked like someone learning to pitch...just to keep everyone guessing.

Could have been Tillman channeling his inner Ubaldo, throwing that one outing that keeps you dreaming that maybe he’s turned the corner.

But honestly, I’m just so happy for the guy.    He’s one of my favorite Orioles of the last decade, and will be no matter what happens from here.   He deserved a game like this.   

2 minutes ago, accinfo said:

Most of the time his velocity was in the upper 80's.  I think he hit 90 once that I saw.  His curve ball was as good as it ever been.  I sure am not convinced he has turned any corners but I feel real good for him personally as much as anything.  Chris Tillman has been a real good Oriole and at least for one night this year he was real good again. 

He had good command of his secondary pitches. Curve, Slider, Change and located his 88 mph FB consistently

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Happy that he threw a gem, pissed that I missed it.  Might turn on the mlb.tv and watch the game actually.  Not nearly as good when you know the outcome.

I thought I knew the outcome before they played the game.   I was wrong.  

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

Tillman's last 2 starts have been on extra rest ........ 7 days' rest in the game against the Indians, and 6 days' rest in today's game against the Tigers.

In Tillman's last start (minus the base-runner who was caught stealing), 76% of the outs that Tillman recorded (13 out of 17) came via the Groundout and the Strikeout.

In tonight's start (minus the base-runner who was caught stealing), 67% of the outs that Tillman recorded (14 out of 21) came via the Groundout and the Strikeout.

21 OUTS: ) 9 Groundouts, 5 Strikeouts, 5 Flyouts, 2 Lineouts

CHRISTOPHER STEVEN TILLMAN )))))) (vs. TIGERS, 4/27)

IP:lll7

H:lll 1 )) (1 Double)

R:llll 0

BB:ll2 ) *

SO:ll5

Pitches: )l 98(59 )Strikes, )39 )Balls)

2018 ERA: )l 7.03 ) 24.33 IP  (19 ER)

2018 WHIP: )l 1.808 )  24.33 IP  (44 H/BB)

2018 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .316 )  (31 for 98)

* )) Tillman also had 1 Hit Batsman

PITCHES BY INNING

24 ll(12 llStrikes, ll12 lllllBalls)

91 lll(81 llStrikes, lllll11 llllBalls)

14 lll(71 llStrikes, lllll71 llllBalls)

10 lll(61 llStrikes, lllll41 llllBalls)

16 lll(10 llStrikes, lllll61 llllBalls)

15 lll(91 llStrikes, lllll61 llllBalls)

15 lll(71 llStrikes, lllll31 llllBalls)

o

o

Chris Tillman on His Seven Scoreless Innings in Win Over Detroit

(By Steve Melewski)

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2018/04/chris-tillman-on-his-seven-scoreless-in-the-win-over-detroit.html

o

49 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I thought I knew the outcome before they played the game.   I was wrong.  

Same here. Pleasantly surprised. Our youngest saw Tillman pitch on her 7th birthday, her first O’s game. I think that same weekend was a Tillman bobblehead day. He’s been her favorite ever since. Two weeks ago, I was wondering how I was going to break the news to her that he may likely not be an Oriole for much longer and that maybe he’d be running a lemonade stand like her the rest of the summer. But looks like he’s earned some good will and a longer leash. Heck of a performance. Looks like he’s making strides towards re-inventing himself. 

XSiO1vm.jpgIvhbISZ.jpg

Archived