2018 Chris Tillman

Il BuonO

Well, that game and Tilly's performance turned out much better than I anticipated.  I also went to Sunday's win.

I am now 3-1 on the year.  The O's are 5-19 in the games I have not attended.  I believe for the good of the team, you all should pitch in and get me the complete 81 game home plan!  If we win even 50% of our away games, that's a 100 win season and we would probably have home field for each playoff round, which again, for the good of the team, you all can send me to each home game.  

For a small price per person, you, the Orioles Hangout community, could guarantee an Orioles World Championship for the first time in 35 years.  

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

3 OUTS: ) 2 Flyouts, 1 Groundout

CHRISTOPHER STEVEN TILLMAN )))))) (vs. ANGELS, 5/03)

IP:lll1 - PLUS

H:lll 7 )) (1 Triple, 3 Doubles, 3 Singles)

R:llll 7

BB:ll1

SO:ll0

Pitches: )l 47(27 )Strikes, )20 )Balls)

2018 ERA: )l 9.24 ) 25.33 IP  (26 ER)

2018 WHIP: )l 2.053 )  25.33 IP  (52 H/BB)

2018 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .352 )  (38 for 108)

PITCHES BY INNING

33 ll(18 llStrikes, ll15 lllllBalls)

14 lll(91 llStrikes, lllll51 llllBalls) ) *

* )) Tillman did not record any outs before departing in the 2nd inning.

o

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

3 OUTS: ) 2 Flyouts, 1 Groundout

CHRISTOPHER STEVEN TILLMAN )))))) (vs. ANGELS, 5/03)

IP:lll1 - PLUS

H:lll 7 )) (1 Triple, 3 Doubles, 3 Singles)

R:llll 7

BB:ll1

SO:ll0

Pitches: )l 47(27 )Strikes, )20 )Balls)

2018 ERA: )l 9.24 ) 25.33 IP  (25 ER)

2018 WHIP: )l 2.053 )  25.33 IP  (52 H/BB)

2018 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .362 )  (38 for 105)

PITCHES BY INNING

33 ll(18 llStrikes, ll15 lllllBalls)

14 lll(91 llStrikes, lllll51 llllBalls) ) *

* )) Tillman did not record any outs before departing in the 2nd inning.

o

That WHIP would make a nice ERA

I don't want to hear there are no better options. If that is true, then dan and Buck both need to be fired because they couldn't develop anyone worthwhile enough to take his place.

We all know there are better options, it's just that no one in management seems capable of making Buck do anything he doesn't want to do. There is no other possible explanation for him still being run out there.

8 minutes ago, Norfolk orioles said:

I don't want to hear there are no better options. If that is true, then dan and Buck both need to be fired because they couldn't develop anyone worthwhile enough to take his place.

We all know there are better options, it's just that no one in management seems capable of making Buck do anything he doesn't want to do. There is no other possible explanation for him still being run out there.

At this point the best option might be to go for a first or second draft pick. You gotta have aTillman on your team to do that.

1 hour ago, Norfolk orioles said:

I think Bleier and Castro (and he’s no great shakes) would both be better options. Please spare me the, “Bleier is too valuable in his current role,” tripe either.

No one currently has a valuable role on this team. Machado has trade value, but he can’t carry this team. They’re awful.

Heck, leave Tillman there and improve their chances at a number one pick.

Any chance Tillman just retires? I know there's still money on the table and all that, but there also has to be some professional pride for a guy that used to be pretty decent major league pitcher. I can't believe that he wants to keep going out there unable to perform. He has to know he's finished, right?

We are all calling for Buck and Dan's heads if they don't cut Tillman, but Brady led the charge on the Cashner and Cobb signings. Would that not lead you to believe that he did the same with Tillman? Either way if Tillman gets another start someone should be fired. We've given Tillman enough rope to hang himself 10 times over. 

10 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

His next schedule start would be a home game

Do they continue to insult the fan base?

Roch was arguing with fans on Twitter yesterday about this. You should read the back and forth. Seemed childish, but a MASN employee has to do the PR work.Dempsey did say on the postgame that the Orioles needed to decide about Tillman really soon  and if not sooner.

Roch on Twitter:

More

Feel free to disagree. It's fine. I get it. I'm just offering the explanation. But some mental midgets are having tantrums and that's typical.

Wow. OK, so much for engaging the fans here, Matt. I'm explaining why he got another start tonight. You wanna get personal. Yeah, do it from your basement. Good idea.

Just now, Going Underground said:

Roch was arguing with fans on Twitter yesterday about this. You should read the back and forth. Seemed childish, but a MASN employee has to do the PR work.Dempsey did say on the postgame that the orioles needed to decide about Tillman really soon  and if not sooner.

Wow, when you lose Rick Dempsey I'm not sure who you might have left in your corner?

j/k

You probably still have Jim Hunter.

oh and Mike Bordick.

Tom Davis........  ;)

Archived