Twins Upset with Sisco Bunting

Bahama O's Fan

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/3/2018 at 7:41 PM, OFFNY said:

o

Dozier wanted to make a clarification on the matter.

He said that his critics are/were missing the point.

According to him ........

“When they didn’t hold our runner on, they conceded to the fact they didn’t want us to steal, so we didn’t steal,” Dozier said.

“We could have very easily stolen and put up more runs, so therefore in return you don’t bunt. That’s what everybody is missing in this whole thing.”

))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) AND

“Everyone just thinks, ‘He’s whining because they bunted against the shift,’ ” Dozier said.

“That’s how baseball is played. That’s just how the game is played. That’s just how it is.”

Brian Dozier Explains what Critics are Missing in Flap over Chance Sisco Bunt

(By Mike Berardino)

https://www.twincities.com/2018/04/02/brian-dozier-explains-what-critics-are-missing-in-flap-over-chance-sisco-bunt/

o

o

The "Unwritten Rules" line of thinking seems to be getting contagious.

Last week, Justin Verlander explained his reasoning on why an opposing player had no business stealing 2nd base with his team down by a score of 5-0. Verlander asserted that he was using his high-leg kick, so that should have been a cue to the base-runner that he should not be stealing, due to the lack of it being a challenge.

Justin Verlander: )) "He steals on a 3-0 count, in a 5-0 game. That's probably not great baseball," Verlander said. "Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, I don't know. But he celebrated that, though. And it's like, 'Hey, I'm not worried about you right now. It's 5-0, I'm giving a high-leg kick, I know you can steal. If I don't want you to steal, I'll be a little bit more aware of you. But I'm trying to get this guy out at the plate.'"

Unwritten Rules Violation? Justin Verlander is Mad that Tim Anderson Tried to Steal

(By R.J. Anderson)

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/unwritten-rules-violation-justin-verlander-is-mad-tim-anderson-tried-to-steal/

o

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

These guys can go F....all the way off.  All.  The.  Way.  Off.

Bunch of millionaire athletes that are so sensitive... OMG I PICKED MY LEG UP WHEN THROWING A BALL AND THE BAD MAN ON FIRST TRIED TO STEAL A BASE

Right?! Unwritten laws should be things like don't throw at a players head or try to spike them during a slide. Anything regarding scoring or getting on base or you know, actual baseball should be fair game regardless of game circumstances.

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

The "Unwritten Rules" line of thinking seems to be getting contagious.

Last week, Justin Verlander explained his reasoning on why an opposing player had no business stealing 2nd base with his team down by a score of 5-0. Verlander asserted that he was using his high-leg kick, so that should have been a cue to the base-runner that he should not be stealing, due to the lack of it being a challenge.

Justin Verlander: )) "He steals on a 3-0 count, in a 5-0 game. That's probably not great baseball," Verlander said. "Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, I don't know. But he celebrated that, though. And it's like, 'Hey, I'm not worried about you right now. It's 5-0, I'm giving a high-leg kick, I know you can steal. If I don't want you to steal, I'll be a little bit more aware of you. But I'm trying to get this guy out at the plate.'"

Unwritten Rules Violation? Justin Verlander is Mad that Tim Anderson Tried to Steal

(By R.J. Anderson)

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/unwritten-rules-violation-justin-verlander-is-mad-tim-anderson-tried-to-steal/

o

This is completely asinine.  100% asinine... if he went back and read what he said there, he should be utterly ashamed.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

These guys can go F....all the way off.  All.  The.  Way.  Off.

Bunch of millionaire athletes that are so sensitive... OMG I PICKED MY LEG UP WHEN THROWING A BALL AND THE BAD MAN ON FIRST TRIED TO STEAL A BASE

Agree 100%. Hey Verlander, no one made you do your big leg kick. That’s on you. You make a choice, so people adjust. You chose *wrong*. You gambled and ... *lost*.  No soup for you! 

23 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

Agree 100%. Hey Verlander, no one made you do your big leg kick. That’s on you. You make a choice, so people adjust. You chose *wrong*. You gambled and ... *lost*.  No soup for you! 

Sounds like it should have been called defensive indifference and no stolen base awarded.

Archived