2018 MLB Draft Discussion

Luke-OH

Final mlb.com mocks from Callis and Mayo - 

Callis has the Os taking Winn while Mayo has Winn going to the Pirates with the pick before and the Os selecting LHP HS Weathers.  Interesting in that Callis has Weathers off the board at 7 to SD.

Both Callis and Mayo have Kelenic going to the Marlins at 13 and both have Casas going to Tampa Bay at 16.

There are notes that the Os are also linked to college arms Gilbert and Rollison.

There seems to be a theme in this draft that many teams are looking for below slot signings in the first round to free up $ later.  It would be interesting to see if the Os participate in such a strategy.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hoosiers said:

Final mlb.com mocks from Callis and Mayo - 

Callis has the Os taking Winn while Mayo has Winn going to the Pirates with the pick before and the Os selecting LHP HS Weathers.  Interesting in that Callis has Weathers off the board at 7 to SD.

Both Callis and Mayo have Kelenic going to the Marlins at 13 and both have Casas going to Tampa Bay at 16.

There are notes that the Os are also linked to college arms Gilbert and Rollison.

There seems to be a theme in this draft that many teams are looking for below slot signings in the first round to free up $ later.  It would be interesting to see if the Os participate in such a strategy.

Perfect Game seems to have the same impression in their final mock. With the O’s on Winn, Weathers, Gilbert, and Rolison.

https://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=15276

PG also has them grabbing Hoerner at 37 which I obviously like considering that’s who I took in the community mock.

3 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

Perfect Game seems to have the same impression in their final mock. With the O’s on Winn, Weathers, Gilbert, and Rolison.

https://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=15276

PG also has them grabbing Hoerner at 37 which I obviously like considering that’s who I took in the community mock.

I would live with that certainly.

The MLB draft just does not have the star power of the NFL draft...because there is so much developmental time for baseball, it doesn’t appeal to the casual fan as much as in football where even if they are NFL fans, many are college fans too...and the Commissioner is ummmm  way boring. 

I just hope the Orioles draft a guy who becomes an unexpected star.  Just once.  

1 minute ago, tntoriole said:

The MLB draft just does not have the star power of the NFL draft...because there is so mich developmental time for baseball, it doesn’t appeal to the casual fan as much as in football where even if they are NFL fans, many are college fans too...and the Commissioner is ummmm  way boring. 

No one bets on college baseball.

2 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

The MLB draft just does not have the star power of the NFL draft...because there is so much developmental time for baseball, it doesn’t appeal to the casual fan as much as in football where even if they are NFL fans, many are college fans too...and the Commissioner is ummmm  way boring. 

I just hope the Orioles draft a guy who becomes an unexpected star.  Just once.  

You mean like Ryan McKenna? 

1 minute ago, weams said:

2 minutes ago, weams said:

No, like Nolan Ryan 12th round, Albert Pujols 13th round, Mike Piazza, 62nd round,  John Smoltz 22nd round....like that 

Archived