Ryan McKenna 2018

Luke-OH

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Underrated so far:

Mckenna, Rifaela, Palmeiro, Paul Fry

Seamus Curran having a nice start as well.  He's still just 20 years old and in Delmarva, seems like he's been around forever.  I don't think he's much of a prospect at this point as his bat would have to be really special, but still nice to see him having some success.

McKenna, Curran, Jason Heinrich and Jaylen Ferguson were a quartet of "lottery ticket" high school picks taken in 2015.  Heinrich flamed out of the system very quickly and Ferguson hasn't done a whole lot.  If McKenna were able to turn into some sort of prospect, even a 4th OF type, that would be nice.

1 hour ago, glenn__davis said:

Seamus Curran having a nice start as well.  He's still just 20 years old and in Delmarva, seems like he's been around forever.  I don't think he's much of a prospect at this point as his bat would have to be really special, but still nice to see him having some success.

McKenna, Curran, Jason Heinrich and Jaylen Ferguson were a quartet of "lottery ticket" high school picks taken in 2015.  Heinrich flamed out of the system very quickly and Ferguson hasn't done a whole lot.  If McKenna were able to turn into some sort of prospect, even a 4th OF type, that would be nice.

We should know what Curran's stock will look and be like at the end of this year or next year. Personally, I could see his stock being higher if he wasn't locked at 1B

44 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

We should know what Curran's stock will look and be like at the end of this year or next year. Personally, I could see his stock being higher if he wasn't locked at 1B

Right.  Like I said, unless the bat turns out to be really special Curran seems to have a C-level prospect ceiling.  But still, nice to see him get off to a decent start.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

I’ve loved McKenna since seeing him a bunch at Aberdeen. Tremendous speed and defender. Plays with an edge and with intensity. I’ve seen him make some breathtaking throws from CF. 

I didn’t see the strong throws last year, but I saw a couple 50/55 arm type throws this year.

It’s weird, I had him timed 4.10 mostly in high effort home to first last season, this year, I have multiple sub 4 second times, including a 3.5 on a bunt, which is legit 80 speed.

It makes me wonder if he had some nagging injuries last year.

Wanted to make a note, I watched the Keys doubleheader yesterday.

While McKenna went 0-5 with 1 BB, he looked really good. He didn't swing and miss once, he barreled a ball hard in each game, including a shot to deep CF against Red Sox top prospect Tanner Houck. He was the only hitter that never looked over-matched against Houck. He also made a couple good plays in CF. Very impressive.

2 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

While McKenna went 0-5 with 1 BB, he looked really good. He didn't swing and miss once, he barreled a ball hard in each game, including a shot to deep CF against Red Sox top prospect Tanner Houck. He was the only hitter that never looked over-matched against Houck. He also made a couple good plays in CF. Very impressive.

Thanks for giving the box scores context.

17 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Did he steal home yesterday too, or was that a separate game?

Archived