Halfway through the season.

Natty

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

By my math we’re on pace for 46-116. Haha. We will likely have a rainout or two that won’t be played. So maybe we only lose 114. 

What’s more impressive is that we’re doing this with the 12th highest payroll. 

Could they finish 62 games out of first place?

Just now, wildcard said:

What makes you think the O's have not been trying to tank since they fell out of the race?

The Orioles weren’t trying to tank coming into the season and that’s what counts.  

Keeping players like Rasmus on the 25 man roster doesn’t help my argument.

The team is a mess and hopefully they recognize it’s time to rebuild.

Just now, LocoChris said:

I’m not sure why veteran players with no future with the team would be motivated tot tank. 

Management can tank by their decisions.   Like keeping pitchers in too long.   Playing a guy at DH that only hits when he plays the field.  Allowing a superior 3B to be an average fielding SS.  Staying with slumping players instead on trying someone else.

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Management can tank by their decisions.   Like keeping pitchers in too long.   Playing a guy at DH that only hits when he plays the field.  Allowing a superior 3B to be an average fielding SS.  Staying with slumping players instead on trying someone else.

Does Buck have a future with this team? His contract expires at the end of the year too.

6 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The Orioles weren’t trying to tank coming into the season and that’s what counts.  

Keeping players like Rasmus on the 25 man roster doesn’t help my argument.

The team is a mess and hopefully they recognize it’s time to rebuild.

There are several reasons why the O's got off to a poor start.   Terrible schedule,  Terrible weather, injuries.   Some bad decisions on Tillman and Rasmus.  and then there was non performance on the part on some players.

But after they where out of it there have been some decisions by management that did not seem designed to right the ship.

10 minutes ago, wildcard said:

They would have sold off some parts if they were tanking. Like Machado and anyone with trade value. Buck is just playing the hand he's been dealt for the most part. If they bring Tillman back for more starts that would look fishy to me. 

Archived