Grayson Rodriguez 2018

Frobby

59 minutes ago, MachoMachadoMan said:

I would be disappointed if GrayRod doesn't start next season in Delmarva. Likely treated like DL Hall this year with a slow and steady ramp up for innings. 

48 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

That's their goal with him, to make a full season team. I'm just wondering if they'll consider starting a guy like Drew Rom in Delmarva too. He was the other HS pitcher selected with a fairly well developed repitiore of pitches and his GCL success tells me that control isn't really an issue. 

I know Tobias Myers and Hanifee started in Aberdeen. But Myers only pitched 7.2 innings in the GCL and Hanifee didn't pitch at all his draft year.

It’s a different situation than last year, when you had Lowther, Baumann, Hanifee and Bishop all excelling at Aberdeen.    This year’s Aberdeen crop is much less exciting and it’s pretty easy to find room at Delmarva for one or two guys drafted out of high school this year.    

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It’s a different situation than last year, when you had Lowther, Baumann, Hanifee and Bishop all excelling at Aberdeen.    This year’s Aberdeen crop is much less exciting and it’s pretty easy to find room at Delmarva for one or two guys drafted out of high school this year.    

Agreed, potential Delmarva rotation is something like Fenter, Knight, GrayRod, Kevin Magee? It's pretty wide open. 

1 hour ago, Luke-OH said:

That's their goal with him, to make a full season team. I'm just wondering if they'll consider starting a guy like Drew Rom in Delmarva too. He was the other HS pitcher selected with a fairly well developed repitiore of pitches and his GCL success tells me that control isn't really an issue. 

I know Tobias Myers and Hanifee started in Aberdeen. But Myers only pitched 7.2 innings in the GCL and Hanifee didn't pitch at all his draft year.

Any idea the reason behind Rom throwing so many more innings than Rodriguez? Are they trying to find out more about Rom since he likely wasn't as heavily scouted as someone like Rodriguez? 

Just now, MachoMachadoMan said:

Any idea the reason behind Rom throwing so many more innings than Rodriguez? Are they trying to find out more about Rom since he likely wasn't as heavily scouted as someone like Rodriguez? 

They've said they look back at the player's workload over the last 3 seasons + summer ball to determine inning limits. Rom threw about 10 less innings this year for his HS team, so 34 innings would get him to 100, while with GrayRod, it's just 25 innings to 100 total. 

Got shelled today.   1.1 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 1 BB, 2 K’s.

Not quite as bad as it looks though.    All five hits were singles.     In the 2nd inning, the first batter reached on an error, then the second batter grounded into a force play.    For reasons I’ve never fathomed, that means if the second batter scores it’s an earned run.    Rodriguez then allowed two singles and was pulled, with the score 2-0 and two runners on.    The reliever walked two of the next three batters, forcing in a run with two outs, and then a bases loaded single.     So, GrayRod was charged with three earned runs that innning, but if the error hadn’t occurred, no runs would have scored.     

16 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Not quite as bad as it looks though.    All five hits were singles.     In the 2nd inning, the first batter reached on an error, then the second batter grounded into a force play.    For reasons I’ve never fathomed, that means if the second batter scores it’s an earned run.    Rodriguez then allowed two singles and was pulled, with the score 2-0 and two runners on.    The reliever walked two of the next three batters, forcing in a run with two outs, and then a bases loaded single.     So, GrayRod was charged with three earned runs that innning, but if the error hadn’t occurred, no runs would have scored.     

That'll teach him not to pitch to contact. Strike them all out, Grayson!

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Can't the baseball gods just let us have something!  Is that too much to ask?

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Apparently, the box score was changed to reclassify all three second inning runs as unearned.    

Archived