AJ knows Mullins "is knocking on the door."

Flacco Machado

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be happy to see Adam stick around in RF for a while but honestly, OF is where we see all the young talent. Mullins, Hayes, Stewart, Mancini, etc. It would make more sense to pay a free agent infielder considering there is no one to take Mannys place at SS or 3B. Not to mention Jones wants a WS win. Probably not going to get that in Baltimore.

5 minutes ago, esmd said:

How about a reverse Parra deal?  I'd take a Zach Davies-level SP prospect for Adam.  Yes, I know everyone here piles on DD for the deal, and I'm not going to defend it, but I don't think it's outside the realm of reality that Adam could bring a similar return in trade.

I think most are baffled that Parra played so poorly there, and went back to the NL and played better.

2 minutes ago, oriole said:

I'd be happy to see Adam stick around in RF for a while but honestly, OF is where we see all the young talent. Mullins, Hayes, Stewart, Mancini, etc. It would make more sense to pay a free agent infielder considering there is no one to take Mannys place at SS or 3B. Not to mention Jones wants a WS win. Probably not going to get that in Baltimore.

Sadly, I agree with this.   

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

I think most are baffled that Parra played so poorly there, and went back to the NL and played better.

What do you mean?

He was running a .372 BABIP before acquired compared to a .310-.320 career mark.

Also, he hasn't been good at all in his return to the NL.

2 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

What do you mean?

He was running a .372 BABIP before acquired compared to a .310-.320 career mark.

Still, his .625 OPS with the Orioles was about the worst possible outcome.    

Just now, Frobby said:

Still, his .625 OPS with the Orioles was about the worst possible outcome.    

Yeah, he was worse than projected and the projection wasn't good. I was just pushing back on the idea that he was just bad for the O's and was good again afterwards. 

8 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

What do you mean?

He had a couple of good WAR years in Arizona, and then a good year with the brewers.

I dont think he was expected to be the train wreck here that he was.

I was wrong, thought he had done something for Colorado, but he hasn't.

so how, has he stayed in the league?

1 hour ago, pastorfan said:

I appreciate AJ, but he will not fit our roster. We need the OF open for younger guys. We already will have Davis, Trumbo, and Mancini on the same roster. Mountcastle also may a be a man without a position. Plus AJ's free swinging will not age well.

This ^^^ As much as I hate to see a true Oriole leave, I don't see how he can fit on a rebuilding roster next year. 

4 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

He had a couple of good WAR years in Arizona, and then a good year with the brewers.

I dont think he was expected to be the train wreck here that he was.

I was wrong, thought he had done something for Colorado, but he hasn't.

so how, has he stayed in the league?

The Rockies are pretty dumb, by MLB team standards. They signed Ian Desmond for 5/70M, a guy who had recently been a barely above average hitter who got his value from playing SS and then playing strong OF defense. The Rockies signed him to play 1B.

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I wonder with AJ buying Cal's house if he has already discussed staying with the organization and there is a plan in place. I would gladly have AJ for 2-3 years as a RF and mentor to Mullins and Hays.

Maybe retirement home, for after baseball.

With the O's in rebuild mode, they have no room for Jones next year if they are trying to develop young players.  Mullins should be in CF.  Problem is where to play Mancini, Davis and Trumbo and keep RF open for Hays, Stewart or other OF prospect they acquire.  They will not release Davis and will have difficulty trading Trumbo.  If they want to put another prospect in RF then there is no room for Jones.  If they do not want to do that, they are not rebuilding. 

7 minutes ago, Chromehill said:

With the O's in rebuild mode, they have no room for Jones next year if they are trying to develop young players.  Mullins should be in CF.  Problem is where to play Mancini, Davis and Trumbo and keep RF open for Hays, Stewart or other OF prospect they acquire.  They will not release Davis and will have difficulty trading Trumbo.  If they want to put another prospect in RF then there is no room for Jones.  If they do not want to do that, they are not rebuilding. 

Easy.   Release Davis, trade Trumbo, and put Mancini on first.

Archived