Buck Referring to Orioles as “They”

Rene88

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, atomic said:

At this point we are Bundy,  Cashner and Jones and a bunch of Triple A rejects. 

AAAA rejects?  I’m pretty sure a replacement-AAA level team would win less than 35 games in a season.

Just now, Hallas said:

AAAA rejects?  I’m pretty sure a replacement-AAA level team would win less than 35 games in a season.

Look at our line up.   If you offered them all for a bag of balls the only one taken would be Jones. 

6 minutes ago, Hallas said:

If it means anything, as a baseline for the WAR stat, a team of replacement level players would be expected to win 48 games during a full season.

4 minutes ago, atomic said:

Look at our line up.   If you offered them all for a bag of balls the only one taken would be Jones. 

I know.  I’m just saying, the only player that is probably worse than an average AAA player on the 25 man is Davis. Most of the rest are around replacement level.  Which, of course, you still wouldn’t trade a bag of balls for given their salaries.  

Buck seems agitated that a team 40 games under .500 is rebuilding. Hence why I don't want home to be part of the rebuild. It can't be both Dan and Buck staying.  I like was Dan has done and that he seemed to have convinced the GO to go international.  So I think Buck needs to go 

3 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Buck seems agitated that a team 40 games under .500 is rebuilding. Hence why I don't want home to be part of the rebuild. It can't be both Dan and Buck staying.  I like was Dan has done and that he seemed to have convinced the GO to go international.  So I think Buck needs to go 

I think when you have worst season in franchises long history you fire everyone.   They should have fired DD in 2014 and Buck after play in game debacle.  

8 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

If it means anything, as a baseline for the WAR stat, a team of replacement level players would be expected to win 48 games during a full season.

Yeah, I know... but replacement level is, by definition, an above-average AAA level.  If we're using the scouting scale, a 40 is probably replacement level, while average AAA is closer to 35 or 30.   A team of league-average AAA players is closer to -1 WAR.

Archived