Buck Referring to Orioles as “They”

Rene88

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, atomic said:

At this point we are Bundy,  Cashner and Jones and a bunch of Triple A rejects. 

I'm sorry but this is has to be one of the most ignorant posts I have seen. I know you love to be negative about absolutely everything but seriously? AAA rejects?

3 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

watch em deal Mancini too...Its a joke.

He's 26 and not a free agent until 2023. He has 4+ years left and is essentially making the league minimum right now.

No reason to trade him. I know you're being snide, but Mancini is in a much different situation than Machado/Schoop/Britton....I'd say slightly closer to Gausman. 

5 minutes ago, brooksfrankjim said:

Maybe it is because I’m old, but I don’t get the hate for Buck.  Who can we get that is better?  

Better? Probably nobody. 

But with the franchise making such drastic changes, it might be time to bring in somebody else anyway. 

29 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

watch em deal Mancini too...Its a joke.

And if Mancini got dealt how big a disaster would that be? I guess you would think it'd be a major disaster. The team is rebuilding. I think that's a good thing. Roy it needed to be done. IMO 

We owe a lot to Buck.  He helped make this team respectable again.  People need to appreciate him a lot more.  He also has a very good history of building ball clubs with young guys. Not sure he is right, but you could do much worse. 

Doesnt sound bitter here. 

“It’s got to be done,” Showalter said. “We knew it. And I don’t think anybody’s going to apologize for going for it this year. And we saw it wasn’t going to be there and we had to move in a different direction. You’ve got to know who you are and who you’re not and know how you’ve got to do it and have a plan and an attack because you want to move forward, and we are. We’re a better, deeper organization today and we’ll see.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/07/showalter-talks-about-todays-trades.html

1 minute ago, Ripken said:

He's not getting fired and he's not coming back.  These next two months will roll by ugly and that will be it.

I think how Buck handles the next two months will decide if he's asked back.

34 minutes ago, brooksfrankjim said:

Maybe it is because I’m old, but I don’t get the hate for Buck.  Who can we get that is better?  

To start over it probably makes sense to bring in someone else after the season.  But Buck gets a lot of hate because he's the manager.  All managers get grilled over everything they do.  The grading scale fanbases use for their manager is usually C+ for the really good ones to (make up a letter grade way worse than F-) for the bad ones.  

Earl would have been torn limb from limb by messageboards.

I've read a Baseball Digest from the 1950s with an article about how if Casey Stengel would stop messing around with all this platooning and switching around lineups and this nonsensical fooling around with the pitching staff the Yankees would win 130 games a year.  This in the middle of one of the great dynasties in history, and they were giving him crappy grades.

2 minutes ago, theocean said:

I think how Buck handles the next two months will decide if he's asked back.

IMO... there is zero chance Buck is returning.  He does not want to do a rebuild at his age (nor do I want him doing one) and there is clearly some disagreements with Dan, who sure seems to be getting a new contract.

Archived