Orioles IFA Signings Thread

ISU94

It’s fine that they haven’t officially announced the signings yet, but why even tell the fans that announcements were supposed to have been made by now if they can’t back it up?  Duquette made it sound like it was going to be announced last week, and then Roch mentioned in his blog on Monday that an announcement was expected that day.  Since then, there has been silence.  I would rather they not mention it at all and get our hopes up, than set an expectation and not be able to deliver on it.  Ultimately, as long as they sign the players, I’ll be pleased though, whether it was announced last week or in 2 weeks.

Kiley McDaniel @kileymcd
FollowingFollowing @kileymcd
More

The clear 3 best players signed in the 2011 July 2nd class were all signed by the Yankees: RHP Luis Severino, 3B Miguel Andujar and current A's Triple-A SS Jorge Mateo (part of Sonny Gray trade). Severino had the lowest profile: 18 at signing, passed over for 2 yrs by every team.

Just shows that it might not be too late.  Then again, teams may be better at scouting now vs. 2011.

5 minutes ago, Obando said:

It’s fine that they haven’t officially announced the signings yet, but why even tell the fans that announcements were supposed to have been made by now if they can’t back it up?  Duquette made it sound like it was going to be announced last week, and then Roch mentioned in his blog on Monday that an announcement was expected that day.  Since then, there has been silence.  I would rather they not mention it at all and get our hopes up, than set an expectation and not be able to deliver on it.  Ultimately, as long as they sign the players, I’ll be pleased though, whether it was announced last week or in 2 weeks.

Because this is the Orioles we're talking about.  They take frustrating and confusing us very seriously.

8 minutes ago, Obando said:

Roch fail. I have been finding his column pretty much useless lately.