Ex-Orioles in the postseason

Moose Milligan

1 minute ago, Fuzzball22 said:

It was bush league. Just like Manny. All you Manny lovers can slobber all over him but he is bush league. When he scored the winning run last night he slowed down for an instant around third and just beat the throw. 

His slide was one of the best I've seen since J.J. Hardy. I think his time from second to home was excellent as well for a big man. 

Just now, weams said:

His slide was one of the best I've seen since J.J. Hardy. I think his time from second to home was excellent as well for a big man. 

Typical reply. What was he looking at when the ball was hit before he started running hard? There were 2 outs. The only thing he should have looked at was the 3rd base coach. By the way, Manny is listed as 6-3 185. Lorenzo Cain is listed at 6-2 205. Now I am sure the comeback will be "that hasnt been updated in years, blah blah blah". People keep finding excuses for this guy. Just watch with an open mind.

Typical reply. What was he looking at when the ball was hit before he started running hard? There were 2 outs. The only thing he should have looked at was the 3rd base coach. By the way, Manny is listed as 6-3 185. Lorenzo Cain is listed at 6-2 205. Now I am sure the comeback will be "that hasnt been updated in years, blah blah blah". People keep finding excuses for this guy. Just watch with an open mind.

You can't go by those numbers, you just can't.  Many is pretty obviously not 185 pounds.  I think your post would have been stronger if you ended it after the fourth sentence.

Manny Machado weighed 185 when he was 18.  You can say what you want, he did  a very good job in that 13th inning. 

3 hours ago, weams said:

Just the facts, Ma'am. 

Facts indeed.

“He’s a player that has a history of those types of incidents,” said Milwaukee slugger Christian Yelich, who probably will be NL MVP. “One time is an accident. Repeated over and over and over again, you’re just a dirty player. It’s a dirty play by a dirty player, and that’s what it is. I have a lot of respect for him as a player, but you can’t respect someone who plays the game like that.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/manny-machado-is-drawing-a-lot-of-notice-in-the-nlcs-it-might-not-be-the-kind-he-wants/2018/10/17/cd7c9312-d23f-11e8-83d6-291fcead2ab1_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.9a1fca137bef

10 hours ago, Fuzzball22 said:

I’d say you’re the one who’s not watching with an open mind if you think there’s anything wrong with how Manny ran the bases on that play.   I didn’t see it live, but just watched the replay and I’d say Manny did a very good job of going 2nd to home on that play.  

And please tell me that you don’t seriously think Manny weighs 185.

I don’t love everything Manny does.   I found his “cup of tea” comment offensive, for example.   But if you’ve got a problem with how Manny ran the bases on this play, you’re the one who’s not being objective.   

• Upvote 1

Well for one thing I never said Manny didnt have a fast time running from 2nd to home. I never questioned that. What I did say was that he had no buisness looking behind him to see where the ball was going. That slowed him down. I also said that he slowed down coming around 3rd and than had to kick it into a higher gear.

As far as the 6-3 185 comment. That was in response to the "big man" comment. Without question he is not 185 that was kind of a smart a$$ remark to the big man comment. Also without question nobody is going to call him a big man. 

8 hours ago, Malike said:

Facts indeed.

“He’s a player that has a history of those types of incidents,” said Milwaukee slugger Christian Yelich, who probably will be NL MVP. “One time is an accident. Repeated over and over and over again, you’re just a dirty player. It’s a dirty play by a dirty player, and that’s what it is. I have a lot of respect for him as a player, but you can’t respect someone who plays the game like that.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/manny-machado-is-drawing-a-lot-of-notice-in-the-nlcs-it-might-not-be-the-kind-he-wants/2018/10/17/cd7c9312-d23f-11e8-83d6-291fcead2ab1_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.9a1fca137bef

Manny was quoted about it being an issue from something that happened in the minors.

Aguilar, however, said the two talked it out after Machado singled in the 13th. Machado said they go back to their days in the minors.

I was not nice to Manny in a post or two in this thread because of his behavior and, in my opinion, very dumb comments (I still like Manny, but he can be an A more frequently than he should). But he is getting it done for the Dodgers. The criticism/controversy may even make him play better.  

14 hours ago, weams said:

I would not care. Especially if it were Chris Davis. 

For you, I would say if Manny had never been an Oriole you would be irked by his behavior, especially if he was in pin stripes and playing the Orioles. You are an unabashedly extremely loyal O's fan. Your orange tinted glasses are very orange. :) That's most definitely a good thing.