Top President / EVP Candidates?

wildcard

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The irrational issue I have with Ng is that she has been a hot candidate for a few years now.  Why wasn't she been hired by one of the other teams?

Who knows?  But someone will inevitably be that first team to take a chance on her.  The Orioles have nothing to lose.

26 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The irrational issue I have with Ng is that she has been a hot candidate for a few years now.  Why wasn't she been hired by one of the other teams?

IMHO I think because she's a woman. Unless i'm wrong I don't think any major sports franchise has had a woman at the top of the team leadership and I think a lot of old fashioned type personalities might not be comfortable with that big of a move. I think the Orioles would do a great thing giving her a chance. Hell, her position coming from MLB HQ might help smooth over some of the MASN/ownership transition issues too. Two birds with one stone.

So Heyman reports that he hears that the O's have "definite interest" in Ng, but he doesn't mention for what role. He mentions that she has been a candidate for GM in the past.

Do you think he is talking about the role of President for the O's? If he talking about GM of the O"s, does that mean the O's have reached an agreement with someone to be the O's president? If not, then that would mean either they are not going to hire a president, or that the president is not going to hire the GM.

23 minutes ago, panick said:

So Heyman reports that he hears that the O's have "definite interest" in Ng, but he doesn't mention for what role. He mentions that she has been a candidate for GM in the past.

Do you think he is talking about the role of President for the O's? If he talking about GM of the O"s, does that mean the O's have reached an agreement with someone to be the O's president? If not, then that would mean either they are not going to hire a president, or that the president is not going to hire the GM.

4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I thought the same thing. I read she had interviewed 5 other times. Made me wonder.

13 minutes ago, hoosiers said:

I can't understand anyone with a decent mentor getting guidance to take our open GM position.

Because of the dysfunctionality?  I can see that, but we have always been pretty dysfunctional, yet Duquette caught the wave at the right time and got interest in a much sweeter gig with the Jays.  If his contract was up he would surely have taken it.  So for people like Ng or whoever, there's a lot of upside to taking this position and making something, anything out of it.  It means the next time there's a better open job, you're almost always an automatic candidate with an inside track by virtue of being a former GM.  And if she is here for a few years and we still suck pretty bad, everyone will understand it probably had more to do with us being a circus than her talents.  I think she would be evaluated fairly.

7 hours ago, Absltgreek said:

IMHO I think because she's a woman. Unless i'm wrong I don't think any major sports franchise has had a woman at the top of the team leadership and I think a lot of old fashioned type personalities might not be comfortable with that big of a move. I think the Orioles would do a great thing giving her a chance. Hell, her position coming from MLB HQ might help smooth over some of the MASN/ownership transition issues too. Two birds with one stone.

I thought that, too. Bringing someone in from the MLB Office might help make relations a bit warmer.

Archived