Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

3 minutes ago, BarclaySouthway said:

They've been getting him out with fastballs with 2 strikes.  Why he wasn't looking fastball over the last couple games, I have no idea,  I was kinda hoping he'd get plunked, since that worked wonders for Manny.

Oh, and he needs to try and lay one down the third base line in the right situation.

No idea why he doesn't shorten his swing with two strikes.  He should be looking for off speed/breaking pitches there and fighting off fastballs/slapping them the other way.  It seems he's only prepared for one or the other though.  

3 hours ago, backwardsk said:

Maybe not facing so many lefties will help some.

SSS, but his OPS's are about the same vs. LHP and vs. RHP. This despite a big reverse-split difference in BA (.196 vs RHP, .270 vs LHP). He's compensated for low BA vs. RHP with a lot of walks (11 in 67 plate appearances). Does that imply opposing right-handed pitchers are not as adverse as we'd expect to putting Davis on base in front of Trumbo?

This is a guy that hit .196 in 2014 and .226 last year

He's hitting .221 now... I think that's about what you can expect with diminished power as he ages poorly

I concur that this is the worst player contract in Orioles history. Who signed this guy??

2 hours ago, FlipTheBird said:

He's off to a slow start, yeah, but so's nearly everyone in the lineup. Before the Boston series, Manny looked just as lost. Adam Jones has shown a stronger approach at the plate, but the team as a whole hasn't started hitting yet. This will change.

Joseph has (3) RBI less than Chris in 60 less AB's. 

31 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

This is a guy that hit .196 in 2014 and .226 last year

He's hitting .221 now... I think that's about what you can expect with diminished power as he ages poorly

I concur that this is the worst player contract in Orioles history. Who signed this guy??

Chris Davis is not hitting .221.

Duquette signed him.  The same GM who brought this organization out of purgatory.

20 minutes ago, 21xxxv said:

Joseph has (3) RBI less than Chris in 60 less AB's. 

RBIs are circumstantial. He's still posting a .330 OBP. His bat will come around. Everyone here knows that Davis does everything in streaks.

3 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Duquette signed him.  The same GM who brought this organization out of purgatory.

I believe that was just a stat mixup.

Davis hit .221 last year. He's hitting .226 now.

5 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Ooops sorry he hit .221 for a full year last year, now he's hitting .226 so I guess he is trending up

No matter how many bad extensions, and bad trade deadline deals he makes people are going to keep touting him as the franchise saviour

Maybe if he would have made better trades, and signed better free agents we'd have been celebrating a WS title

Nope just keep locking up that second WC, playing maybe a series and saying Wow if everything had gone perfect and the teams with superior talent played like crap we could have won it all.