Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

1 minute ago, SilverRocket said:

The lower exit velocity is the worrying part. I wonder if he's changed his approach to try to beat the shift more.

I am mostly concerned by the seemingly endless called strike 3.  

2 minutes ago, dan-O said:

Trumbo also has lower exit velocity. These are our 4 and 5 hitters! Sheesh.

Sometimes we worry too much about all the extra metrics, exit velocity, bat speed, TTP, Home run trot, etc.

Enjoy the team being in first, and I suspect soon, both Trumbo and Davis will be sending balls out of the park.

• Upvote 1

He's off to a slow start, yeah, but so's nearly everyone in the lineup. Before the Boston series, Manny looked just as lost. Adam Jones has shown a stronger approach at the plate, but the team as a whole hasn't started hitting yet. This will change.

• Upvote 1

It looks nearly impossible to allow a hit to Chris Davis right now. I couldn't believe Kendrick found a way to throw 3 fastballs, in a 2 strike count, that were so far off the plate. I was praying for a hbp after he swung at ball that went 57 feet (it feels a bit presumptuous to definitively state that he was swinging at the baseball). 

Edited by Cumberbundy

4 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Davis is a guess hitter, who can't hit pitches if they are thrown in certain areas of the zone.  

I've said it before, but this will go down as the worst contract in O's history.  

We need to start calling his guesses from the dugout. Like a catcher looks over for signs, we need to have some on staff who guesses for Chris. Just read the sign and play ball. 

They've been getting him out with fastballs with 2 strikes.  Why he wasn't looking fastball over the last couple games, I have no idea,  I was kinda hoping he'd get plunked, since that worked wonders for Manny.

Oh, and he needs to try and lay one down the third base line in the right situation.