Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

49 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He definitely was not throwing in the mid-90's in that 2012 relief appearance.   But he got six outs without allowing a run.   

If I recall correctly, he did hit 90 on a few pitches. But yes, definitely not mid-90s.

58 minutes ago, Babypowder said:

If I recall correctly, he did hit 90 on a few pitches. But yes, definitely not mid-90s.

Pitch f/x, his FB averaged 87.9 and topped out at 91.5.    Still not too shabby for a non-pitcher.  

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB/pfx.php?s_type=3&sp_type=1&batterX=0&year=2012&month=5&day=6&pitchSel=448801.xml&game=gid_2012_05_06_balmlb_bosmlb_1/&prevGame=gid_2012_05_06_balmlb_bosmlb_1/

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Yep, just re-watched the footage and he was definitely not hitting the mid-90s.  And he was getting hit around just about as hard as anyone pitching in the O's bullpen is now (bailed out by an out at the plate).  I confess error. 

I suppose this is how mythologies are born.  The Legend of Crush Davis. 

On 5/17/2017 at 6:59 AM, PeteCanes said:

Please stop talking about the St. Louis Browns.  I just cant bare it any longer.  Thank you for your Orioles information.  

o

I'll talk about what I please.

o

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Emory Eagle said:

Yep, just re-watched the footage and he was definitely not hitting the mid-90s.  And he was getting hit around just about as hard as anyone pitching in the O's bullpen is now (bailed out by an out at the plate).  I confess error. 

I suppose this is how mythologies are born.  The Legend of Crush Davis. 

He did in-fact strike out A-Gon, though, who was one of the big $$ additions to that Boston team.

o

(vs. TIGERS, May 18th)

NUMBER 9

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

o

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Tx Oriole said:

Yes the Browns are a part of baseball history. 

I'm completely disinterested in franchise records that include the St. Louis Browns, but I appreciate that OFFNY distinguished between the franchise record and the Orioles record and gave both.