3/24 Lots of roster moves

Legend_Of_Joey

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Rogers and Peterson were announced earlier, while Perez and Susac were leaked too.

Scott and Sisco being sent down are the ones that are going to get a lot of discussion. Scott struggled with command, so not that big of a shock.

The leaks started last week about Sisco going to Triple A, especially after Diaz, Hays, and Santander were sent down. Appears Wynns will start on the IL, while Sucre and Severino make the team. Sucre will need a 40 man roster move.

Just now, eddie83 said:

Not surprised about Scott, would have liked to see him stay but get it. 

How long is Sisco staying down?  A fight between Severino and Sucre to see who sticks before Sisco is back?

I'm not Elias or Hyde, so not sure. If anyone knows if Sisco being down for any time buys another year of control, that might help. Or if Sisco keeps up the batting he has been showing.

All I know is, Norfolk is getting crowded behind the plate.

1 minute ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I'm not Elias or Hyde, so not sure. If anyone knows if Sisco being down for any time buys another year of control, that might help. Or if Sisco keeps up the batting he has been showing.

All I know is, Norfolk is getting crowded behind the plate.

Sisco has 156 days of service time. This can’t be about that.  

I think it has to be that Elias, Hyde and Cossin  concluded that Sisco's defense was not good enough to keep him in the majors once Severino was acquired.

What is interesting to me is that three of the players that are projected to be regular position players have not hit in ST or in their recent past.    Mullins. Davis and the catchers included.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

I think it has to be that Elias, Hyde and Cossin  concluded that Sisco's defense was not good enough to keep him in the majors once Severino was acquired.

What is interesting to me is that three of the players that are projected to be regular position players have not hit in ST or in their recent past.    Mullins. Davis and the catchers included.

Add in the rule V players.

Defense first.

Im not discouraged by these moves, but I’m really interested in the final group of cuts.

I’m especially interested in what happens with Wynns when he comes off the injured list. I’m also rather surprised that Severino appears to have made the team even though he’s had exactly two days to try and get used to working with these pitchers.

1 minute ago, Philip said:

Defense first.

Im not discouraged by these moves, but I’m really interested in the final group of cuts.

I’m especially interested in what happens with Wynns when he comes off the injured list. I’m also rather surprised that Severino appears to have made the team even though he’s had exactly two days to try and get used to working with these pitchers.

Remind me how defense is first when Mancini is starting in the outfield.

20 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Davis is obviously a special case. The Rule 5 guys are also special consideration, though it will be interesting to see if Araujo makes it( given the apparent MO, I think he will) Catcher is a defense-first position, and The guys who seem to have made the club are supposedly excellent defenders, although I don’t know how well they catch games or frame pitches.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Remind me how defense is first when Mancini is starting in the outfield.

Ya got me, brother. I think it is completely indefensible, especially if Trumbo is on the injured list, because that eliminates the only conceivable reason for continuing to inflict him on poor undeserving left field.

Maybe Trey has pictures…

Archived