3/24 Lots of roster moves

Legend_Of_Joey

6 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

So who's left? Sorry, I haven't been able to keep track of it.

About 28 players left.

5 minutes ago, Philip said:

Defense first.

Im not discouraged by these moves, but I’m really interested in the final group of cuts.

I’m especially interested in what happens with Wynns when he comes off the injured list. I’m also rather surprised that Severino appears to have made the team even though he’s had exactly two days to try and get used to working with these pitchers.

Same. I think Sucre starts the first week while Severino works with the pitchers on bullpen sessions and a crash course. I do not know what happens when Wynns comes off the IL. That will be interesting.

4 minutes ago, Philip said:

Didnt Ynoa already get sent down? 

One of the first rounds of cuts.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Remind me how defense is first when Mancini is starting in the outfield.

During spring training. Let's see the regular season line ups.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Philip said:

Ya got me, brother. I think it is completely indefensible, especially if Trumbo is on the injured list, because that eliminates the only conceivable reason for continuing to inflict him on poor undeserving left field.

Maybe Trey has pictures…

If Trey is playing left field again I don't know why we even bother talking about this team. 

5 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

Could Sisco be in store for a position change? 

Not sure where he would go. Outfield in Norfolk will be crowded. Mountcastle will likely take over 1st at Norfolk and if Wilkerson passes thru waivers, he might take over there too on other days.

Could a team change be in store?

38 minutes ago, AceKing said:

Why?.....is this some big surprise?

Yeah it is a big surprise.  Trey is terrible in left field.  I don't see any reason to continue to play him out there.  He can play DH or First Base where he belongs.  It makes zero sense. 

19 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

This team won't win 50 games. And be dull while not doing it.Absolutely the least interesting team we've had in about a decade..or more. 

Who is on the team now will not be there by summer. Many new players by then. 

No way is it worse than last year. 

30 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

This team won't win 50 games. And be dull while not doing it.Absolutely the least interesting team we've had in about a decade..or more. 

It’s all about the long term.    Yeah, this team will not be very interesting, at least in the first half of the season.   

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Not very exciting but some players to watch. Do any of Nunez, Mullins, Ruiz, Severino, Martin, become nuggets this year. Does Castro become future closer material?  I'm interested to see who, if anyone, emerges before the cavalry starts getting called up.  

My dark horse is Ruiz. Hope he can be competent. 

Archived