TT: Ynoa, it's time to say goodbye to Mike Wright

Tony-OH

On 4/24/2019 at 3:38 PM, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Wright might have at one time. His arm doesn’t seem as electric this year. 

True it has been a couple of years since one of them said that,  seams like the Scouts and the Organization thought higher of him, than a majority of the fans.

20 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Thet think the Mariners are sending Shawn Armstrong to the minors but nothing done yet.

Actually Armstrong was sent down for Sheffield. But Manny Acta said a fifteen year veteran was DFA yesterday but did not say who .

Unconfirmed on Twitter:

Can confirm. Gearrin DFA’d. Wright will take his place. Ms had 72 hours to make the move as of 4/24

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Actually Armstrong was sent down for Sheffield. But Manny Acta said a fifteen year veteran was DFA yesterday but did not say who .

Unconfirmed on Twitter:

Can confirm. Gearrin DFA’d. Wright will take his place. Ms had 72 hours to make the move as of 4/24

Bizarre. 4.91 ERA.

5 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

True it has been a couple of years since one of them said that,  seams like the Scouts and the Organization thought higher of him, than a majority of the fans.

Maybe some scouts, but the ones I know were never big fans of him. 

4 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Unconfirmed on Twitter:

Gearrin has a .176 xBA this year but his walks have gone up and he's been hit pretty hard overall (barreled 12.5%, EV: 90.8%). 

26 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Maybe some scouts, but the ones I know were never big fans of him. 

Makes you wonder how a guy slips through the cracks like that. Maybe he wasn't highly thought of, but was just the best of the worst, so to speak. I mean, anyone (within reason) can get a cup of coffee, but this guy has 101 ML games under his belt and is being placed on another ML roster as we speak. His career WAR is -1.3. That's just incredible. 

18 minutes ago, Philip said:

The Mariners are really going to regret that. If I am Baltimore, I’m going to seriously consider picking up Gearrin myself.

The Mariners are "really going to regret" letting a 33 year old journeyman relief pitcher go? 

I don't see where Wright is much of an upgrade but this is end of the roster type stuff.  No one ever really regrets losing a Gearrin.

14 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The Mariners are "really going to regret" letting a 33 year old journeyman relief pitcher go? 

I don't see where Wright is much of an upgrade but this is end of the roster type stuff.  No one ever really regrets losing a Gearrin.

Once again you have misunderstood me. I’m not sure the Mariners will regret letting go of Gearrin, but I think they will regret replacing him with Wright.

And if I am the Baltimore brass, I’m going to look really closely at the guy and see if he can help us. Is the mother askedAnd if I am the Baltimore brass, I’m going to look closely at the guy and see if he can help us.

4 minutes ago, Philip said:

Once again you have misunderstood me. I’m not sure the Mariners will regret letting go of Gearrin, but I think they will regret replacing him with Wright.

And if I am the Baltimore brass, I’m going to look really closely at the guy and see if he can help us. Is the mother askedAnd if I am the Baltimore brass, I’m going to look closely at the guy and see if he can help us.

I don't think Wright can do enough damage for a team to "really regret" replacing a Gearrin with him.

Moves at the periphery of the 25 man roster just don't have that much impact.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think Wright can do enough damage for a team to "really regret" replacing a Gearrin with him.

Moves at the periphery of the 25 man roster just don't have that much impact.

Possibly, but they’re not expecting him to be the 25th man, they’re expecting him to go into the bullpen and be a regularly productive member of it, and possibly spot start. I think they’re going to be very tragically disappointed.