Dominican Summer League

Enjoy Terror

2 hours ago, cboemmeljr said:

DSL O’s 1 pulled the neat trick of scoring 6 runs on 4 hits.   

17-year old Hector Lopez allowed 1 unearned run for DSL O’s 2 and that was enough to take the loss.   But in 10 starts he has a 1.88 ERA, 1.02 WHIP and 8.6 K/9.     He’s looking like a strong candidate to pitch in the GCL at 18 next summer.   

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, cboemmeljr said:

Friday (8/2) Resukts:

DSL Orioles 1 won 9-3 over the DSL Diamondbacks 1

BOX SCORE

DSL Orioles 2 lost 6-2 at the DSL Nationals

BOX SCORE

Looks like Prado (one of the guys in the Cashner trade) is playing well, been an OBP machine.  And no, I won't stop myself from overreacting to age-17 season stats from DSL.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Looks like Prado (one of the guys in the Cashner trade) is playing well, been an OBP machine.  And no, I won't stop myself from overreacting to age-17 season stats from DSL.

No one would accuse you of not loving baseball when you’re intimately familiar with a team’s Dominican summer league.

18 year old Josue Cruz seems to be pulling away as the power bat for the DSL1 team - with 3 homers, 2 doulbes, and a triple in the first 4 August games, but his strikeout rate for the season is... morbidly obese with 74 in 180 at bats.  He does walk a lot though - with 34 on the season.  

• Upvote 1