Dominican Summer League

Enjoy Terror

I mentioned the Tricky League in other threads, but it’s where the 16 year olds who sign future contracts play along with unsigned players.

Melewski is off a little with the comment that the 2019 J2 signings aren’t playing DSL games, a couple are (older signees) Erinson Plancencia 17 and Alejandro Mendez 18 are two off the top of my head.

• Thanks 1

On 8/19/2019 at 9:07 AM, Luke-OH said:

Melewski is off a little with the comment that the 2019 J2 signings aren’t playing DSL games, a couple are (older signees) Erinson Plancencia 17 and Alejandro Mendez 18 are two off the top of my head.

This kid seems to be hitting really well.  Any word on him from the scouts?  Was he talked about on J2 day at all?

1 hour ago, ScGO's said:

This kid seems to be hitting really well.  Any word on him from the scouts?  Was he talked about on J2 day at all?

Nothing, he looks really skinny though, he’s definitely not a mature bodied kid. He’s 2nd from the right.

6 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I came to this thread to post that video and talk about a new term, “tricky league”.

I dunno how I made it this far in this forum without ever hearing that term.

I’d never heard of it until Melewski mentioned it 2-3 days ago.   

7 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I came to this thread to post that video and talk about a new term, “tricky league”.

He says "For most, it's their first real game action."

First organized games ever?  Do these kids have HS baseball or local little league teams or are they only playing pick up ball until they sign?

14 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I'd venture that most of us didn't. I'd start with "the O's have never really had a J2 presence before this year" and go from there. Probably didn't even have a Tricky league team, and certainly not one with prospects.