Mancini Trade Package

bird watcher

38 minutes ago, Darkhawk said:

Do you think that the older, more expensive, less productive, Justin Smoak with less service time remaining is a more valuable trade chip than Mancini?

I think you can wait at least a year on Mancini. Unless I can get a guy I am pretty darn sure will be a productive major leaguer, regardless of top 100 or 10 lists, then I will wait on trading him for another year and hope the trade market is better. He's got 3.5 years of service left, I'm not trading him for Luis Ortiz. 

Depends on if the team in question wants Mancini past this season.

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Teams that need a 1B/DH. Which can be difficult to find a suitor for because a lot of times playoff contenders are already good at those two spots. 

So if we say it has to include the DH, we are looking at AL only. Here are the teams at or above .500:

Houston, Yankees, Cleveland, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, Boston, Texas and Oakland

Who needs a 1B or DH like Mancini among them?

1 minute ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

So if we say it has to include the DH, we are looking at AL only. Here are the teams at or above .500:

Houston, Yankees, Cleveland, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, Boston, Texas and Oakland

Who needs a 1B or DH like Mancini among them?

Indians might need a DH and they are cheap so they would like Mancini's salary.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jgjbanker said:

For those of you more knowledge than me, if ME decides to move Trey, what would be a reasonable package we could expect to get back for him? 

You wait until the deadline next year, where hopefully he has a 900-plus OPS season in 2019, and a current 900-plus OPS season in 2020.  Or even after the season.  This off-season is his first offseason to be arbitration eligible, so he is still cost controlled for three seasons if moved in the off-season (or 2.5 at next year's deadline.)  Advanced defensive stats peg his RF defense to be trending just as bad as his play in LF last year, so the team acquiring him will be looking to primarily have him play 1B/DH, which creates a market problem.  Without a premium position, Mancini probably doesn't attract a true headline prospect piece, but he will get a couple pieces that will likely contribute to the major league roster.  

11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Indians might need a DH and they are cheap so they would like Mancini's salary.

Indians need any sort of offense, and have a decent system to pick from.  The Athletics and Rays are also budget teams with good systems and could be interested as well, but they also have Olson and Bauers respectively at 1B, so they would be rotating positions or playing him in the OF.  

Just now, ThomasTomasz said:

Indians need any sort of offense, and have a decent system to pick from.  The Athletics and Rays are also budget teams with good systems and could be interested as well, but they also have Olson and Bauers respectively at 1B, so they would be rotating positions or playing him in the OF.  

Not true.

They need cheap offense.  They are not going to want to add payroll which works in the O's favor.

If Cleveland wants to get a bat and decides to buy if they stay in touch with the Twins over the next month and Trey heats up again, Mancini could play 1b or Dh back and forth with Santana or replace Luplow in right.

He could easily return 3 prospects, like George Valera , Luis Oveido, Ethan Hankins  18yrs, 20 yrs, 19 years... imho. 

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2019?list=cle

1 hour ago, tntoriole said:

If Cleveland wants to get a bat and decides to buy if they stay in touch with the Twins over the next month and Trey heats up again, Mancini could play 1b or Dh back and forth with Santana or replace Luplow in right.

He could easily return 3 prospects, like George Valera , Luis Oveido, Ethan Hankins  18yrs, 20 yrs, 19 years... imho. 

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2019?list=cle

I would be shocked if Mancini could net one of Valera, Oviedo, and Hankins, much less all 3. Oviedo is a fringe Top 100 guy for some evaluators, Valera was their big international signing two years ago, and Hankins slid in the draft last year due to medical concerns. As I understand it, they consider those players to be a big part of their future. I also think there’s a decent chance the Indians try to retool on the fly and sell Brad Hand, Bauer, and maybe a couple other pieces.

47 minutes ago, Sydnor said:

I would be shocked if Mancini could net one of Valera, Oviedo, and Hankins, much less all 3. Oviedo is a fringe Top 100 guy for some evaluators, Valera was their big international signing two years ago, and Hankins slid in the draft last year due to medical concerns. As I understand it, they consider those players to be a big part of their future. I also think there’s a decent chance the Indians try to retool on the fly and sell Brad Hand, Bauer, and maybe a couple other pieces.

Yes, Trey will return a pair of used tennis shoes.  Without laces.  I know. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Darkhawk said:

Do you think that the older, more expensive, less productive, Justin Smoak with less service time remaining is a more valuable trade chip than Mancini?

I think you can wait at least a year on Mancini. Unless I can get a guy I am pretty darn sure will be a productive major leaguer, regardless of top 100 or 10 lists, then I will wait on trading him for another year and hope the trade market is better. He's got 3.5 years of service left, I'm not trading him for Luis Ortiz. 

Sure, a lot of teams would rather have smoak Because he offers good defense, good offense, he’s in the last year of his deal and would be very very cheap. Mancini is limited, but he has four more years of control and will probably be cheap for most of them, So a lot of teams would rather have Smoak. Neither player would bring back much, but Smoak would cost less.