O's Sign 20-year old Cuban SS Yorkislandy Alvarez

Greg Pappas

28 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Best first name in Orioles history?  Other contenders include Engelb, Breyvic, Ubaldo, Vidal, Odrisamer, Wei-Yin, Yamaico, Olise Cla, Radhames, Randor, Napoleon, plain old Yorkis, Ivanon, Heathcliff, Dorn, Oswaldo, Drungo, Dyar, Hoyt, Valmy, Enos, Hyun Soo, Delino, Vladimir, Wellington, and of course Jonathan.

Are minor leaguers included?    I’ve always been partial to Winter Polo, though it’s really the whole name, not just the first name, that makes it stand out.  

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Best first name in Orioles history?  Other contenders include Engelb, Breyvic, Ubaldo, Vidal, Odrisamer, Wei-Yin, Yamaico, Olise Cla, Radhames, Randor, Napoleon, plain old Yorkis, Ivanon, Heathcliff, Dorn, Oswaldo, Drungo, Dyar, Hoyt, Valmy, Enos, Hyun Soo, Delino, Vladimir, Wellington, and of course Jonathan.

Jair, Nerio, Geronimo (x2), Chaz, Trenidad

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JMU_Birdfan said:

In this picture, I'm not sure which one i want to be alvarez haha

Love the signing though

I had the same reaction.  It's like seeing a photo on a dating app and wondering which girl it is.

(And, as a rule, it's always 100% of the time the less attractive one.  Always).

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Il BuonO said:

Talk about a low bar! Richie has picked it up a little the last few games though.

I noticed this also. Instead of striking out like there is a hole in his bat, he's hitting some weak grounders.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Natty said:

I noticed this also. Instead of striking out like there is a hole in his bat, he's hitting some weak grounders.

Well, he’s out of Davis territory over the last seven games. A .238 BA and .714 OPS. Not exactly setting the world on fire, but I’ll take it,

7 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Well, he’s out of Davis territory over the last seven games. A .238 BA and .714 OPS. Not exactly setting the world on fire, but I’ll take it,

I'll take it also. We need hitters.