2019 GCL Orioles

Enjoy Terror

2 hours ago, cboemmeljr said:

Well, the hell with that!    I say in the absence of a playoff, the team with the best regular season record is the champion.    And that is your GCL Orioles, who at 38-15 have five more wins than any other team in the league.    

Congrats to the GCL Champion Orioles!    Now they can celebrate by taking some Geritol and having a bran muffin and a nap.   

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

Well, the hell with that!    I say in the absence of a playoff, the team with the best regular season record is the champion.    And that is your GCL Orioles, who at 38-15 have five more wins than any other team in the league.    

Congrats to the GCL Champion Orioles!    Now they can celebrate by taking some Geritol and having a bran muffin and a nap.   

They should do it like NCAA football where you declare yourself champion.

On 8/29/2019 at 1:50 PM, NCRaven said:

Everybody gets a participation trophy.  But Alan Mills will pull out his Sharpie and write “Champions” on theirs.

I think Mills is more wanting to know, if the Org will keep him.

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/09/mills-on-his-first-year-managing-and-uncertain-future.html

On 6/7/2019 at 8:42 AM, Frobby said:

It’s interesting the different philosophies on that.   The Astros dropped their team at that level a couple of years ago.   The Red Sox have never had a team at that level.  The Blue Jays didn’t used to have a team at that level, then added Bluefield when we dropped them.  

I think at this level less is more. No need to rummage the sandlots to fill rosters of these types of talents. I'd be happy to consolidate further. I really think the only reason to have so many teams is to have places for the arms. 

• 6 months later...