Elias J2 International Orioles

interloper

49 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Here is a portion of the PC

Fantastic interview.    He made it clear that we probably aren’t signing any of the top 7-10 guys and that other teams have been doing advance work for two years on this year’s class, compared to our six months.    But he said we would be making some “significant” signings.     I’m very pleased with that report.    If anything it sounds like we’ll do a little better than I expected in this signing period.  

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

If they spend 3.5 million of their $6,481,200 pool I'm not counting that as being wrong.

It really is upsetting that Elias made all of those trades last season for a pile of signing slot money and never had a plan for it. WAIT! He wasn't here when that happened. Just like he wasn't here when they drafted Grenier in the first round. 

But you know, keep complaining about it. 

I knew this thread wasn't going to be useful due to COC whining. At least I'm not disappointed. Really came through. 

1 minute ago, WalkWithElias said:

It really is upsetting that Elias made all of those trades last season for a pile of signing slot money and never had a plan for it. WAIT! He wasn't here when that happened. Just like he wasn't here when they drafted Grenier in the first round. 

But you know, keep complaining about it. 

I knew this thread wasn't going to be useful due to COC whining. At least I'm not disappointed. Really came through. 

Did I blame Elias for any of that?

Pretty sure I didn't.

He also didn't sign Davis to that big contract so I don't blame him for that either.

If my "whining" bothers you use the ignore feature.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

The appropriate response is to complain about how they're not going to win 72 games this year because Elias spent all winter working on his tan.

Thanks.  Clearly I have to take a couple of posters off ignore so I can get back in shape.  All those winning seasons have taken me off my game.  

We clearly HAVE to start somewhere.  A bunch of signings immediately in June would be a huge change.  If they spend 3.5 million and Corn or anyone else wants to shrug...so be it.  As noted above, the bar is pretty low.  But the comments today, regardless of the outcome, is a tremendously positive change.  I'll take it as a positive step, one of many that will be required to restore this franchise to prominence.  It's a long road boys and girls.  It's not going to take just one speech or one big week.  It's gonna take lots of steps and there will be setbacks.  We know that...right?