Trumbo rehab begins again 8/27/19

interloper

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

A team could call and Elias could put him through waivers and a team could claim him.  Not like you were going to get more than salary relief in any case.

But, they don't have to wait for a team to call.  They can put him waivers at any time, although they'd be stuck paying his salary owed for the rest of the season.

2 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

But, they don't have to wait for a team to call.  They can put him waivers at any time, although they'd be stuck paying his salary owed for the rest of the season.

I dont think this would work, other teams would put a waiver claim on him and block him.

Salary prorated for the end of the season, is nothing for a team trying for the playoffs.

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

I dont think this would work, other teams would put a waiver claim on him and block him.

Salary prorated for the end of the season, is nothing for a team trying for the playoffs.

I don't care who it is, someone claims him you let them have him and laugh your ass off.

You can't get more than salary relief for him, even if he was worth more.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I don't care who it is, someone claims him you let them have him and laugh your ass off.

You can't get more than salary relief for him, even if he was worth more.

not trying to get salary relief.

Playoff teams put waiver claims on people on the waiver wire, just to keep them from going elsewhere.

I said, given the right circumstances, I could see this happening.

I did not say it would, or I thought it would be a good move.

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

not trying to get salary relief.

Playoff teams put waiver claims on people on the waiver wire, just to keep them from going elsewhere.

I said, given the right circumstances, I could see this happening.

I did not say it would, or I thought it would be a good move.

YOU CAN'T TRADE HIM, IT'S PAST THE DEADLINE.

Best hope is someone claims him and takes over the payments.

1 hour ago, Ohfan67 said:

Yep. If he doesn't retire, then I think he will have a hard time getting a spring training invite with anyone. He played in 90 games last year (while OPSing .686), zero games so far this year, and will be 34 next year.  Time to become a professional bass fisherman or the like. 

The bolded part is incorrect.   Trumbo had a .764 OPS last year.   .686 was in 2017.   In his sporadic rehab stints this year, he’s looked pretty decent.   I’d actually be pretty surprised if he couldn’t get a spring invite from someone.    But certainly no major league deal.   

23 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The bolded part is incorrect.   Trumbo had a .764 OPS last year.   .686 was in 2017.   In his sporadic rehab stints this year, he’s looked pretty decent.   I’d actually be pretty surprised if he couldn’t get a spring invite from someone.    But certainly no major league deal.   

My mistake. The lack of a 2019 line led to the mistake. 

I think Trumbo may not be able to jog much less run without negative consequences. I think that’s going to be the bigger issue.  34 year old one dimensional players are less in demand these days. We will see. 

24 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don't think he'd pass a physical.

13 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

I think Trumbo may not be able to jog much less run without negative consequences. I think that’s going to be the bigger issue.  34 year old one dimensional players are less in demand these days. We will see. 

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think he'd pass a physical.

Yeah, I can’t comment on that.   Obviously, if his knee won’t let him run, nobody will sign him even to a MiL deal.