Straily DFA'd, toiling at AAA

MurphDogg

Smith Jr also homered in last night's game for Norfolk. His only hit, I think.

18 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Yikes wonder who starts for Means this turn through...Eshelman would be on short rest right?

But the Straily nightmare is over

Talk about a bitter pill, eh? Eshelman's next start would be on Monday if he's on normal rest. I assumed we got him because he was someone we could plug into the rotation rather quickly considering the amount of innings he accrued at AAA due to having so many guys ahead of him in Philly. We shall see. I hope he will at least be competent.

For those curious, I found this video on milb.com of Eshelman striking a guy out in 2018. It's a full AB and the count goes full. He's got decent stuff, nothing flashy. Gets the strikeout on a very good curveball, though.

4 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Mussina is throwing out the first pitch June 30....maybe he would then go do a side session and see about a contract.  

As long as PA isn’t involved. He’s still probably better than most they’re running out there.

Just now, Frobby said:

So now that Straily is gone, who is our designated no. 2 whipping boy?    Chris Davis can’t bear the load all by himself!

Givens?  Nah, doesn't throw enough innings and people still like him a little too much cause they want to think he can be good again and get some trade value.

I've noticed a lot of annoyance towards Broxton lately.  Maybe him.

Trumbo isn't back so he's safe.  Richie Martin?  I don't think he's got any true haters here as we all expected him to be all glove, no bat.  

I dunno, no one sucks as bad as Straily and Davis.  I feel like there's someone obvious that we're missing here.  And on a team that's bound to win 45 games there should be some easier targets but I can't think of anyone as blatantly bad as those two.  

32 minutes ago, Frobby said:

So now that Straily is gone, who is our designated no. 2 whipping boy?    Chris Davis can’t bear the load all by himself!

Straily's departure opens up competition for that spot. Broxton. Martin. Castro. Givens. Sisco. Ynoa. Nunez. Hyde. Lew Ford. We have some viable candidates at AAA. 

3 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Straily's departure opens up competition for that spot. Broxton. Martin. Castro. Givens. Sisco. Ynoa. Nunez. Hyde. Lew Ford. We have some viable candidates at AAA. 

Little bit of trivia... The very last RBI of the 2012 season was produced by none other than Lew Ford. An unlikely end to an unlikely season.

33 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Givens?  Nah, doesn't throw enough innings and people still like him a little too much cause they want to think he can be good again and get some trade value.

I've noticed a lot of annoyance towards Broxton lately.  Maybe him.

Trumbo isn't back so he's safe.  Richie Martin?  I don't think he's got any true haters here as we all expected him to be all glove, no bat.  

I dunno, no one sucks as bad as Straily and Davis.  I feel like there's someone obvious that we're missing here.  And on a team that's bound to win 45 games there should be some easier targets but I can't think of anyone as blatantly bad as those two.  

Castro. Maybe Sisco. If Scott were up here, probably him. There’s no shortage of candidates.