Orioles claim and option Tayler Scott, DFA Gilmartin

MurphDogg

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

So they think they can get a 27 year old to stop walking so many batters?  That seems to be his problem.  

Yeah I agree but its the only reason I can think to claim him if you're the Orioles.  Not like his minor league numbers are better then the guys we have 

19 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

If I had to flee to Australia or South Africa or something I could switch the 14 hours of NFL I watch a year to rugby and not miss a beat.

I too would gladly watch 80 minutes of action rather than the  13 minutes of action in an NFL game.

58 minutes ago, atomic said:

I don't think he stays on the 40 man roster the rest of the season options or no options.  

Even if he does it would be even more surprising if he stayed on the 40-man roster over the offseason with all the guys we have to add this year.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

And since I think Armstrong is holding his own since we've picked him up from the Mariners, we're trying to get someone back from them equally as bad as Mike Wright. 

Armstrong has been a really good pickup. I wouldn’t mind getting a couple more like him.

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I am pleased so far but I can't believe he was that terrible for them and has been this good for us.  Something doesn't add up.  

You bet. But look at Bleier. Took over a season before the other shoe dropped(and hasn’t dropped all the way yet) I wouldn’t mind getting a couple WAR out of Armstrong before he turns back into a pumpkin.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Philip said:

You bet. But look at Bleier. Took over a season before the other shoe dropped(and hasn’t dropped all the way yet) I wouldn’t mind getting a couple WAR out of Armstrong before he turns back into a pumpkin.

Bleier doesn't have swing and miss stuff.  Armstrong seems like he might.  We'll see.

Bleier has been dealing with injuries this season, so he gets the benefit of the doubt from me for now. Looks like he's starting to get it together with a 2.35 (0.91) over his last seven appearances totaling 7.2 IP. Let's see if he can keep it up.

As for Scott, I think someone actually said in that game thread that we should pick him up and he'd fit right in here. Wish granted!

3 minutes ago, Sessh said:

Bleier has been dealing with injuries this season, so he gets the benefit of the doubt from me for now. Looks like he's starting to get it together with a 2.35 (0.91) over his last seven appearances totaling 7.2 IP. Let's see if he can keep it up.

As for Scott, I think someone actually said in that game thread that we should pick him up and he'd fit right in here. Wish granted!

Bleier if he can stay healthy might be a (minor) trade chip by next season. Bleier isn't likely to be around when the team is good again considering he is 32 years old. Elias will trade him if he can get something of value in return.