Adley Rutschman to start at GCL for a game or two, then to Aberdeen

MurphDogg

4 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I don't know the reasoning behind him not pitching last year, but pitchers have an innings concern that comes with them vs position players where it doesn't really matter as much.

I do agree though that it's taken Rutschman and Henderson a long time to get out on the field for whatever reason. 

Someone said he had mono. 

20 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I've been down for Spring Training games but never GCL.

Man I can't wait to get some ceviche from Siesta Key Oyster Bar.

Be prepared to bake. Was there last week. You’ll have your pick of seats in the stadium and almost everyone just sits under the awning.

11 minutes ago, incubus said:

Be prepared to bake. Was there last week. You’ll have your pick of seats in the stadium and almost everyone just sits under the awning.

So they actually use Ed Smith? I was wondering if they used one of the back fields. 

Heard a radio clip of Elias earlier this evening, he was on the morning show on 105.7 this morning.

He did not say it was 100% but it sure sounds like Rutschman will be in Delmarva this year. He talked about Delmarva already being in the playoffs. If I find a link I’ll try to copy it.  

• Upvote 1

On 7/12/2019 at 7:57 AM, eddie83 said:

So they actually use Ed Smith? I was wondering if they used one of the back fields. 

Yes, they generally use the main field. We went 2 years ago when the main field was being worked on and they used a back field. But I’ve been to a game every year there since ‘11 and they’ve all been main field games except the game in 17.

1 hour ago, incubus said:

Yes, they generally use the main field. We went 2 years ago when the main field was being worked on and they used a back field. But I’ve been to a game every year there since ‘11 and they’ve all been main field games except the game in 17.

Thanks. Was curious.  

• Upvote 1