2019 Trade Deadline

sportsfan8703

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

WRONG.    I heard the same type of prediction last year when Schoop was non-tendered.    Then he was signed for $7.5 mm plus incentives.    

Per Fangraphs, Schoop has been worth $11.6 mm in 2/3 of a season this year.    He was worth $16 mm last year.   Their valuation is not the gospel, but you are letting your own dislike of Villar’s style of play color your judgment if you think Villar will be paid $2.5 mm next year.    

The twins chose to give that to him, they were not required to give it to him. At least that is my understanding. If they were required to give that to him as his arbitration raise, Please clarify.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Even without these trades, that Tigers team is awful, awful. There is little doubt we are not getting the #1 pick next year, so now we'll have to watch the Marlins to see if we can stay #2.

Yeah, their winning percentage since mid-May is sub .200. We weren't going to keep up with them.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Even without these trades, that Tigers team is awful, awful. There is little doubt we are not getting the #1 pick next year, so now we'll have to watch the Marlins to see if we can stay #2.

Do you mean to say that you are confident we will or we won’t?

1 minute ago, atomic said:

I said Schoop would be non-tendered at the begining of 2018.  You argued with me and he was non-tendered.  I am not sure what you are arguing about. 

Did I mention your name?    I was referring to an argument about what Schoop would be paid.    Whether he would be non-tendered is another story.    But since you insist, I’ll dredge up what I am referring to.   

1 minute ago, Philip said:

The twins chose to give that to him, they were not required to give it to him. At least that is my understanding. If they were required to give that to him as his arbitration raise, Please clarify.

No, you are completely right.    And some team will choose to give Villar something close to that.   

Whatever minor leaguer we've traded I'm guessing is mostly to clear 40-man cruft

Just now, JMU_Birdfan said:

My guess for Orioles trade: Mason Williams to someone for either Intl. money or DSL lottery tickets

Mason is a good guess if they're content with Santander/Wilkerson/Hays for the rest of the year. 

Austin Wynns?

Rio?

Either of the Scotts.

10 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Yankees are the big loser today. Big time. 

Based on the comments in the Yes Network fan message board( that's the Yankees owned channel ) AND the fact that Astros got Greinke a lot of "forget the Yankees in the World Series this year " comments on the Yankees fan message board as I am typing this .