2019 Trade Deadline

sportsfan8703

Just now, eddie83 said:

Yankees would be in some trouble if they didn’t have such a comfortable lead right now. 

Considering how mediocre their starters have been and all the injuries Boone has done a good job. 

IDK, I'm not sure their starting pitching is as bad as everyone's making it out to be.  Maybe they're confident that Severino can come back this season?

50 minutes ago, Philip said:

If he’s non-tendered, the financial ladder resets. No one is going to pay him 7 Mill. But someone will sign him for 2.5, maybe.

14 minutes ago, Frobby said:

WRONG.    I heard the same type of prediction last year when Schoop was non-tendered.    Then he was signed for $7.5 mm plus incentives.    

Per Fangraphs, Schoop has been worth $11.6 mm in 2/3 of a season this year.    He was worth $16 mm last year.   Their valuation is not the gospel, but you are letting your own dislike of Villar’s style of play color your judgment if you think Villar will be paid $2.5 mm next year.    

13 minutes ago, atomic said:

I said Schoop would be non-tendered at the begining of 2018.  You argued with me and he was non-tendered.  I am not sure what you are arguing about. 

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Did I mention your name?    I was referring to an argument about what Schoop would be paid.    Whether he would be non-tendered is another story.    But since you insist, I’ll dredge up what I am referring to.   

Here’s at least one.   A bit vague, but it still makes my point.   

I can’t say what you meant by “not much” but I’m pretty sure you meant a lot less than $7 mm.    And there were other posts pegging what he’d get at far less than that — not necessarily from you, though some might have been.  

Just now, wildbillhiccup said:

IDK, I'm not sure their starting pitching is as bad as everyone's making it out to be.  Maybe they're confident that Severino can come back this season?

I don’t think it is bad but it isn’t trustworthy either. That pen they have is real good. 

Why I love the playoffs. Who knows what will happen.  

1 minute ago, TINSTAAPP said:

It makes me pissed off at Duquette even more for holding on to Manny for so long. Imagine the haul they could have gotten for him if they had traded him a year earlier at the 2017 trade deadline. 

I seriously doubt it was his call. At the time Angelos Sr was still in charge and it seems like he couldn't decide if he wanted to sign Manny long term or let him walk after he got injured. He still should have been dealt during the Winter Meeting's though. Hindsight...

5 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Yankees would be in some trouble if they didn’t have such a comfortable lead right now. 

Considering how mediocre their starters have been and all the injuries Boone has done a good job. 

That lead won't do that much good once they get to the playoff.

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

I don’t think it is bad but it isn’t trustworthy either. That pen they have is real good. 

Why I love the playoffs. Who knows what will happen.  

Agreed. If they get Severino back and Paxton pitches like he's capable of that's still a pretty solid one / two punch though. 

4 minutes ago, CallMeBrooksie said:

Most of the big league roster can be described the same way. Why the disdain for a prospect making peanuts under team control?

Calm down it was satire. I will note that you are correct and this is exactly why nobody wanted any of our players. Teams that are winning are doing it a certain way, Playing bad defense and low OBP is not that way.