Adley Rutschman 2019

Greg Pappas

This is GCL right?  Where Tony said he'd be super experienced for?  It's great he made good contact, but hopefully this was just a warm-up to get back into the groove of things.

edit: not to mean his HR was bad or anything, I just imagine this level should be easier for him.

9 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Fingers crossed. Even if he isn't up yet, I am excited to see the new draftees especially the Stanford trio, and the Red Sox have three potential top 10 players at Lowell in Antoni Flores, Nick Decker and Cameron Cannon.

Yeah. Either way have fun. 

I want to try to make a game but it will probably have to be on a Friday or Saturday.

8 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

This is the first GCL footage I've ever seen - I'll take it.  As much as it is exciting to see Rutschman, seeing the blurry grass dirt border - man, that's a new level of low minors.

I would bet it is just the BA writers cell phone camera. 

No idea if the Orioles sent someone over there. If they did there is no evidence of it so far. 

1 minute ago, Greg Pappas said:

I imagine the Ironbirds will sell out the Rutschman debut... I know my father, brother, and I want to go.

Yeah, I would expect a sellout and an electric atmosphere the first several games.

Manny only played a total of four home games in Aberdeen, and I didn't see him there. Wieters didn't play in Aberdeen because the signing deadline was later back then.

I bet they are pretty excited, 12 of their next 18 games are home starting Tuesday. After that only 6 of their final 21 games are at home. Hopefully Rutschman comes up, plays well and gooses the attendance for 18 games and then moves to Delmarva for the stretch run and the playoffs.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jerios55 said:

This is GCL right?  Where Tony said he'd be super experienced for?  It's great he made good contact, but hopefully this was just a warm-up to get back into the groove of things.

edit: not to mean his HR was bad or anything, I just imagine this level should be easier for him.

I doubt he's there a week, unless he's limited to DH for longer than that.

8 hours ago, Frobby said:

Solid contact all four times up.   I like the way he gets out of the box after hitting the ball.

Well, he did tarry and self-admire a bit on the homer and near-homer. But yeah, his first step on the lineout was quick and efficient.

• Upvote 1

Wearing his college #35. That number has been a bit of a jinx since Moose left.

Especially on the HR all the players on the other team and the on deck batter all watch the flight of the ball. Not like a normal game look, but more like they're in awe. Like they know what a big time talent he is and they're just fans watching something special. Anybody else get that vibe? Like when an established major leaguer plays a rehab game at A ball.

• Upvote 1