Ok! Roster moves!

Philip

6 minutes ago, SteveA said:

By my reckoning, Fry is the only guy who pitched last night who might possibly go tonight.   So unless Wojo + Fry can cover 9 innings (or 8 if Angels win), we will probably see both of them tonight.

And Wojo is coming off a career high in innings pitched and 100+ pitches, in 100 degree heat, with the added intensity of having a no hitter on the line.   I honestly don't expect greatness or length out of him tonight.

Stevie is good for two innings...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Philip said:

Me too. If he turns out to be a high-quality reliever, maybe the trade will end up working out after all. And we are almost certainly going to get to see him in tonight.

I am very sour on Phillips, however. He shows up, he’s terrible, he goes back down, until the next time he shows up and is terrible. I would rather have seen almost anybody else.

I agree...and still wish Duquette had traded Britton earlier.  

On 7/26/2019 at 10:48 AM, Philip said:

Considering that the Orioles used EVERYONE last night/this morning, who goes down for fresh blood ???

I'm down on Scott, and would love to see him outrighted, but I imagine Ynoa is more likely the one to go. Or anyone ??? No moves at all ??? What says the crowd ???

o

Randall Asher Wojciechowski goes 7 innings in the very next game ........

o

On 7/28/2019 at 9:54 AM, OFFNY said:

o

The wondering is over ........

Hess Recalled to Start Tonights' Game in San Diego

(By Roch Kubatko)

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/07/hess-recalled-to-start-tonight-in-san-diego.html

o

I'm not saying that Elias made this move in response to Detroit pulling a few games ahead in the race for 1:1.

But I am saying that if he was trying to catch Detroit in the race for 1:1 this is probably the move that he would make.   ;)

2 minutes ago, Aglets said:

I'm not saying that Elias made this move in response to Detroit pulling a few games ahead in the race for 1:1.

But I am saying that if he was trying to catch Detroit in the race for 1:1 this is probably the move that he would make.   ;)

I think we will get pummeled this series. 

On 7/26/2019 at 8:22 PM, SteveA said:

Admit it, you just don't like that he uses two L's in his name.

I'm the same way with all those Steven's who don't spell it the correct way (Stephen).

Not to derail...but, I'm going to derail...how is "ph" the correct way if in shortening it, you have to change it to a "v"? Wouldn't the correct way be the way that allows the shortening of the name to just be dropping a single letter? It appears to me, the "ph" option just makes it too complicated. Besides, shouldn't the "ph" produce a similar sound to "f" which would make Stephen and Steven, phonetically, different names?

Just now, JMU_Birdfan said:

I don't quite understand pulling Tate up in a series where you need fresh arms, and not pitching him at all. 

o

The only thing that I can think of is that Hyde is expecting Hess to get clobbered tonight, which could create a long-relief situation for Tate in a low-leverage situation. 

o