Trade Value Expectations

Greg Pappas

8 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Wow!  Just wow.  Grenier?  I could argue why you are being wildly optimistic on any of these guys not only on the two year timetable (except for Bannon) but also being as good as Villar.   Grenier is looking like a big time bust.  He struck out 33% of the time in low A ball.  We aren't talking Joey Hallo here.  He has a long, long road ahead.  Or a short road out of organized ball.  He needs a complete overhaul.

Most here are really down on Villar for some reason

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Trey Mancini--- 3 17 year old DSL prospects

Michael Givens--- 1 17 year old DSL prospect
Jonathan Villar--- 2  17 year old DSL prospects
Renato Nunez--- 1.5 17 year old DSL prospects
John Means---  3.14159265359 17 year old DSL prospects
Dylan Bundy--- .5 17 year old DSL Prospects
Paul Fry--- .015 17 year old DSL Prospects
Hanser Alberto--- 2 17 year old DSL prospects

You forgot Cobb, he's going to go on a hot streak and increase his trade value any minute now.

3 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

If his value is as a pinch hitter, utility type I'd just keep him.

Same.  I don't really see a need to trade Alberto, he won't fetch much.  The only guy I would like to see the Orioles trade is Villar (and Mancini for the right offer, but I doubt they move him).

44 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Same.  I don't really see a need to trade Alberto, he won't fetch much.  The only guy I would like to see the Orioles trade is Villar (and Mancini for the right offer, but I doubt they move him).

I've heard some people say that the Blue Jays set the market low with the Stroman trade, but if 1.5 control years of a #2-#3 SP gets a #3-#5 SP in Kay and a guy with TORP stuff that can touch 100 in Woods Richardson, I'd be happy for that return for a 1B/COF with 3.5 years of control

Morosi of MLB Network says the Orioles are talking to multiple teams about a Mancini deal.

Did Hyde blow our chance to deal Givens pitching him two days in a row which everyone knows is a problem for him?

Did anyone report yesterday the Brewers were interested in a Bundy deal?

With Segura injured yesterday before our game will the Phillies be interested in Villar? He's better at 2B but played SS yesterday.

I hope someone will deal for Castro my least favorite pitcher. He must have pictures because they continue to let him blow leads.

Would Brooks be better coming out of the pen? He has been terrible his last two starts and looks really stressed when pitching. He may relax and improve with a move to the pen.

Can someone fix Tanner Scott? What a wasted talent.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, section18 said:

Morosi of MLB Network says the Orioles are talking to multiple teams about a Mancini deal.

Did Hyde blow our chance to deal Givens pitching him two days in a row which everyone knows is a problem for him?

Did anyone report yesterday the Brewers were interested in a Bundy deal?

With Segura injured yesterday before our game will the Phillies be interested in Villar? He's better at 2B but played SS yesterday.

I hope someone will deal for Castro my least favorite pitcher. He must have pictures because they continue to let him blow leads.

Would Brooks be better coming out of the pen? He has been terrible his last two starts and looks really stressed when pitching. He may relax and improve with a move to the pen.

Can someone fix Tanner Scott? What a wasted talent.

Mancini discussions with multiple teams is interesting. Still doubt something gets done as the price should be high.

i doubt teams back off Givens cause he gave up a homer.

Here is the article about Bundy that I read. Seems like an opinion article. If you can get two of their top 30 then perhaps you deal him. But their top 30 on MLB is not very impressive IMO ...Dubon should be a target and perhaps Ashby

Castro has no value.... he constantly looks like he's over throwing and trying to blow it by everyone.

Brooks has a 5+ ERA since 2015 with multiple clubs. Even if he did relax he's still a AAAA pitcher.

2 hours ago, section18 said:

Would a Mancini and Villar package bring us back some AAA top prospects?

IMO Mancini will return a multiple player package that includes a highly touted guy. I wouldn't deal him for less that 3 of a teams top 30 that includes a top 100. There is no pressure to deal him and the price should be high.

I would say Villar is worth a Organizational top 10 and a 2nd player.