Orioles claim Ty Blach, DFA Rondon, Recall Kline

Legend_Of_Joey

8 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

That was my thought too.  If they bring back Mullins it means Stewart isn't in their long term plans at all

Because he shouldn’t be-the guy is a AAAA player/5th outfielder.  He is fine as the 24th-27th man but isn’t a difference maker.  The O’s are a long way away from needing 24th-27th guys. 

5 minutes ago, Punchandjudy said:

Because he shouldn’t be-the guy is a AAAA player/5th outfielder.  He is fine as the 24th-27th man but isn’t a difference maker.  The O’s are a long way away from needing 24th-27th guys. 

He has 64 career mlb at bats.  This year he has a .936 OPS at AAA and has consistently shown the ability to get on base at a high clip in the mornings.  

It's WAY too early to write this guy off without giving him a real chance.  Yeah he might be a 4th/5th outfielder or he could be Nick Swisher.  Only one way to find out 

Just now, Lucky_13 said:

He has 64 career mlb at bats.  This year he has a .936 OPS at AAA and has consistently shown the ability to get on base at a high clip in the mornings.  

It's WAY too early to write this guy off without giving him a real chance.  Yeah he might be a 4th/5th outfielder or he could be Nick Swisher.  Only one way to find out 

in the minors* but maybe in the mornings too 

13 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

I never liked Nick Swisher.  He was so full on himself.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

I don’t disagree that he has an opportunity to prove me wrong.  My opinion is what I stated above, doesn’t make me right or wrong right now.  I don’t see the upside besides the ability take a few walks but you are right, time will tell.  Either way, I wouldn’t let him dictate whether he is in the O’s future plans. 

5 minutes ago, Punchandjudy said:

I don’t disagree that he has an opportunity to prove me wrong.  My opinion is what I stated above, doesn’t make me right or wrong right now.  I don’t see the upside besides the ability take a few walks but you are right, time will tell.  Either way, I wouldn’t let him dictate whether he is in the O’s future plans. 

Like we have all that talent on the team.  I don’t understand how this team operates.  Nothing they do makes any sense.

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Totally going to miss all the hand wringing about which sub-replacement level players have options remaining.  

@Legend_Of_Joey I would call Blach "depth."

tenor.gif

When the whole team lives in a very very shallow pond, I’m not sure there is such a thing as depth, because the bottom is not that far from the top. I love your GIF, though

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Philip said:

I think it mildly funny that many were trumpeting Rondón as the nail in Martin’s coffin. I posted somewhere that he shouldn’t unpack, and he’s gone before we learned to spell his name. I wonder if he gets to keep his uniform?

I find it funny how people were putting him on the list of guys we had to protect on the 40 man during the off-season. 

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Maybe they feel like they can help with getting his movement back.  Could be a nice pickup if they can.

Makes me wonder exactly what they did with Armstrong to fix him, (at least temporarily) and whether they can do the same with. Brach got DFA-Ed by the cubs too. 

Brach/Blach

needs to happen.

3 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

They are going with a 2 man bench right now.

Maybe hoping Rondon can pass waivers and go to Norfolk while also clearing a spot for Stewart? 

Blach is pitching depth and nothing more.

Last year Blach had 13 starts at a 4.25 ERA

and was pretty much a starter.

This year he only has 6 innings over 2 relief appearances. Maybe they want to put him in the rotation. He’s been a 4.50 era pitcher over 4 seasons.

Seems better than what we’ve been sending out there lately.

He must’ve been injured as I don’t see any AAA stats.