vs. NATIONALS, 8/27

OFFNY

29 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Lawrence Welk in the house!

That reference dates me and is embarrassing.

Was at a bar/oyster restaurant before the game and my friend and I were chatting up a couple girls who were baseball fans and one of them said "This is really going to date me but when I was little and lived in Florida I went to both game 7s when the Marlins won their two World Series".  Cool story but I was tempted to say that when I was little there was no such thing as the Marlins (or the Blue Jays or Mariners for that matter).  That would really have "dated me".

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Was at a bar/oyster restaurant before the game and my friend and I were chatting up a couple girls who were baseball fans and one of them said "This is really going to date me but when I was little and lived in Florida I went to both game 7s when the Marlins won their two World Series".  Cool story but I was tempted to say that when I was little there was no such thing as the Marlins (or the Blue Jays or Mariners for that matter).  That would really have "dated me".

I can still remember the Seattle Pilots.

?

52 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Lawrence Welk in the house!

That reference dates me and is embarrassing.

While bored one summer in the mid-60s, some friends and I started watching TV without the sound. It was amusing for 20 minutes or so at a time because  of the actors and performers looked silly. 

The best show without sound, and it wasn't close, was Lawrence Welk.