Brady Anderson leaving organization

eddie83

Brady was basically gone when they took him off the online organization chart. That lists the main receptionist and others. Paying him for this year,they said he was doing something till the season ended. He basically was gone way before this.When some people asked why he was no longer listed they basically gave a cover story. i remember the love for Brady with the MASN folks. He did so many good things by running people up a hill. The last few years Brady was here to basically keep an eye on Dan for the Angelos family. So no Dan then no point to have Brady.

• Upvote 2

I've come to view Brady as a bit of a scapegoat.  Sure, he didn't appear to be qualified to do a lot of the things he did but...whatever.  The teams issues ran deeper than him.

Didn't hear a peep from him this year.  People didn't seem to know whether or not he was still in the organization or not since Elias came aboard.  IMO, this really isn't a big deal after Elias had seemingly quarantined him off from player personnel decisions.

9 hours ago, atomic said:

They are expanding the rosters to 26 next season,  Davis being on the team doesn’t make any difference if they don’t improve the pitching.  You could have replaced Davis with Mike Trout and this years team would still have a losing record.

Again, this has nothing to do with whether or not Davis is blocking someone or whether the team is going to win next year or not (they aren't). This has to do with turning the page and being completely focused on the future. Keeping an awful decision around is meaningless. Keeping a AA First baseman around because of a mistake contract is ridiculous.

He needs to be cut an the team needs to move on. Anything less and it shows me that the sons are just as stubborn as their Dad and that will be very, very disappointing.

6 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

We are advertising to backfill jobs:

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/instagraphs/job-posting-orioles-economic-and-scouting-analyst-positions/

Offseason here - ready, set, go!

They already are deep in the hiring process from adding a couple of area scouts as well having conducted multiple interviews with some candidates. 

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, 24fps said:

Mike Elias does have a role on the team in the future and his apparent taste for choosing the time and place for his battles gives me hope that the Chris Davis situation will be resolved as soon as possible.  Give me me steady, discernable overall progress and I'll deal with the odd unpleasant reminder - even one of this size.

I'd assume Elias at least wants to do his due diligence and see how Davis looks in 2020 with a full offseason under his watch. I'd assume that Elias and his team are probably making some demands on Davis in regard to his offseason training program. Since Elias was hired late last year, I'd guess that he and his team weren't able to do that last offseason.

Which, I think is the right move. If nothing changes and they keep putting Davis in the lineup through the end of his contract just because he's owed money- that's a bad move. But, I think it's smart for Elias to at least see if his staff can do something productive with Davis. If he struggles and looks the same early next year, I'd expect they'd part ways.

16 minutes ago, theocean said:

I'd assume Elias at least wants to do his due diligence and see how Davis looks in 2020 with a full offseason under his watch. I'd assume that Elias and his team are probably making some demands on Davis in regard to his offseason training program. Since Elias was hired late last year, I'd guess that he and his team weren't able to do that last offseason.

Which, I think is the right move. If nothing changes and they keep putting Davis in the lineup through the end of his contract just because he's owed money- that's a bad move. But, I think it's smart for Elias to at least see if his staff can do something productive with Davis. If he struggles and looks the same early next year, I'd expect they'd part ways.

I don't think Elias has any control of whether Davis is on the team.  Davis played complete games in 5 of the last 9 games this year. I am guessing he is instructed by ownership to make sure Davis gets played.  

Folks have to be patient. Look at the methodical way changes have been made. Elias didn't come in here and nuke everything. He listened, he made hires, he started the international thing, he gradually got rid of the previous front office regime. You look up at the end of the year and a lot has been done.

We wanted Brady gone immediately but Elias is doing things the right way. It's all a process and beginning his first full year he finally has the people cleared out and he's set up to do his thing proper.

Chris Davis is just another piece of the gradual process. Elias has a plan for his release just like he did with Graham, the scouts, Brady, etc. 

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I've come to view Brady as a bit of a scapegoat.  Sure, he didn't appear to be qualified to do a lot of the things he did but...whatever.  The teams issues ran deeper than him.

Didn't hear a peep from him this year.  People didn't seem to know whether or not he was still in the organization or not since Elias came aboard.  IMO, this really isn't a big deal after Elias had seemingly quarantined him off from player personnel decisions.

Sounds like he was under contract for the season.  And when he was demoted he went home to California for the season and really didn't do anything. And when his contract was over he said he didn't want to continue with the team.  

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/09/more-work-to-be-done-after-orioles-conclude-season.html