Future of Orioles Hangout

Tony-OH

I have had to fold a couple of businesses. Never an easy decision or experience. I have enjoyed the Hangout since I found it. The Scouting and Minor League coverage is great. That being said, are there any alternatives you might consider? I would be willing to kick in more money or help in some other way. I haven't lived in the Baltimore area for 20 years but I can use a computer.

If the Hangout shut down it would be a hole in my days. I surf the site pretty regular. I might even miss some people I argue with, lol.

It's your decision Tony. But it would be a shame to miss out on what the next 5 years will bring to the Orioles and the Hangout.

Either way, thanks for providing much enjoyment and learning. It's been fun whatever you decide.

Doug

• Upvote 4

I just want to throw out my support to you, Tony, and whatever you decide is best. I don't have ad-blocker, but I haven't posted in many moons, yet I read and am always scrolling through. Thanks for everything you've created and I hope it continues, but completely understand that there are times when one needs to go in a different direction. This community has meant a lot to me, even as a non-posting entity of it, so I just wanted to say thanks for that and the community you were able to build.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Alright, this was not what I was expecting when I clicked on this link.  And now I'm sad.  

I understand that you've got to do what's best for you and the family, but for what it's worth I would really miss this place if it goes away.  Baseball, and the Orioles, will never be the same without the Hangout.   

You've really created something special here Tony.  Whatever you decide you should be really proud of what you've done - especially the community you've created here.  There's just nothing like it on the web.  I can't pretend to understand the economics of running the Hangout, but put me down as one of those who would pay a lot more to have the privilege of having access to the amazing content you provide.  

Keep us posted, and if you decide to hang it up, thank you for all the great memories.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Tony:  Let me add that I would be willing to contribute more to keep the site going.  I know it is not completely a financial decision but if it will help I am willing to contribute.  I also there could be a creative way to keep it going in some form or another.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Life has really been showing me lately that I am old. I used to post a bunch at one time. Now I usually just read what posters have to say. I am in the process of moving from Florida to Wisconsin complicated by having a heart problem a week ago. When I get settled up there I will renew my long overdue subscription. I will probably never post like I used to as I coach football and in Florida that is basically year round.  I do really miss the conversations with bunch of guys on here that I used to participate in. Just haven't felt like I had kept up well enough to contribute much. But this is the best site on the Web and has been for decades.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear about everything. While I’ve been largely been a lurker on here for many years before I’ve registered, I love all the great work that is done here. I really enjoy all the prospect lists, the work done here by Tony & Luke, reading the comments, the engaged community which you don’t really see elsewhere in Birdland which is mostly free of the negativity and toxicity you see on many websites. So, I like to take this opportunity to thank everyone here for this great website