Orioles trading Bundy?

Legend_Of_Joey

4 hours ago, OrioleDog said:

I believe his suitors classify him as a better 6-month asset than a 2-month asset, and there's more risk than reward for the Orioles in holding him for the first half because an injury is far more likely than enough of a performance jump to increase his trade value.  The kind of teams that want him are playing pennant chase baseball on Opening Day.

Bundy is under team control for two more years, not just one.

13 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

The Orioles are leading the way in fan safety now, as getting rid of Bundy would make the left field seats about 70% safer from flying baseballs.

The holiday spirit hasn't hit you yet, eh?

• Upvote 1

Doubtful that this deal is close.  Every writer in the country knows the Orioles wants to trade arbitration eligible players.  So these writers create a story out of thin air, the rest of the media run with the story sourcing the original story.  Does anyone really think that someone in the Orioles front office is calling this idiot up and saying  we are close to a Bundy deal, write a story about it. It's what the news is nowadays, just a bunch of BS to try to get likes and followers on social media.  So now a bunch of oriole fans will start following this idiot, hoping he breaks some news...he won't.  Now he gained 1k more followers.   

3 hours ago, atomic said:

I think they tell him stuff.  You read how he states that Bundy's salary is steep for a rebuilding team.  That is him working the propaganda.  

I agree.     I enjoy his sense of humor, but he’s almost never the first to break any real news.    

11 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

He's going to be on the 50, I don't know where yet, it's so hard to sort through the names until I've narrowed it down. It's tricky because you have a AAA reliever who has major league middle relief stuff and performance that projects to MLB success, albiet as a low end option vs a guy who might be a regular in 3 years but is going to have to wear it for a year when he's not ready and then go back to the minors for a year. 

I don’t think anyone says it enough, and I’m sure you’re not seeking other praise. But I do love reading everything you write. Please keep it up!

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

It appears the White Sox and Padres are interested in a deal for Bundy. If memory is correct the White Sox have the best farm system. Any team with a larger park will help lower Bundy's ERA and reduce the number of HR's he gives up which will also hopefully increase his number of wins. I can see any of the larger park teams being interested in him. Seattle?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, section18 said:

It appears the White Sox and Padres are interested in a deal for Bundy. If memory is correct the White Sox have the best farm system. Any team with a larger park will help lower Bundy's ERA and reduce the number of HR's he gives up which will also hopefully increase his number of wins. I can see any of the larger park teams being interested in him. Seattle?

The Padres have arguably the best farm system in baseball, but the White Sox do have a very good system as well. 

Edit: It's probably debatable now that I remember how many prospects the Padres graduated this year. But yeah, both have good systems. The White Sox are top heavy while the Padres have a ton of depth. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

The Padres have arguably the best farm system in baseball, but the White Sox do have a very good system as well. 

Edit: It's probably debatable now that I remember how many prospects the Padres graduated this year. But yeah, both have good systems. The White Sox are top heavy while the Padres have a ton of depth. 

The Padres are ridiculous. Their 2019 prospect list had 20 guys at FV 45 or above. White Sox had 11. 

1 hour ago, 7Mo said:

The Padres are ridiculous. Their 2019 prospect list had 20 guys at FV 45 or above. White Sox had 11. 

When we went through our top 30 recently I think we had 12 guys who are at 50 or better. The first 45 was in the early teens I think. Our systems a lot better.

1 minute ago, Philip said:

When we went through our top 30 recently I think we had 12 guys who are at 50 or better. The first 45 was in the early teens I think. Our systems a lot better.

Well if we're comparing apples to apples, the 2019 Fangraphs prospect list shows 9 Orioles at FV 45 or above.