Opening Day sale for Birdland members

Going Underground

My friend used to be able to get only two or four tickets for Opening Day. It is now up to eight. 

As a valued Birdland Member, you receive exclusive access to our most popular events, including Orioles Opening Day! This year, the Orioles will play the New York Yankees on Thursday, March 26 at 3:05 p.m. Your exclusive opportunity to purchase the best seats at the best price will begin next week on Tuesday, February 4 at 12:00 p.m.

To access the sale, you can login to Orioles Account Manager where you will see the 'Buy Tickets' button appear beginning at 12:00 p.m. You may purchase up to eight (8) tickets during this sale. We expect high volume during this time, so please be patient if placed into the Wait Room upon initial login.

Yep, until 2013-ish, you could buy twice as many tickets as were in your plan. Since then you could only buy as many tickets as were in your plan. Being able to buy 8 tickets with a 2 ticket 29-game (28 this year) plan is quite the jump.

Is the 8 tickets also the limit for 13 game plans?

If anyone wants me to grab them tickets for the season ticket holder price, shoot me a PM, as I will not likely have a need for 8 additional tickets.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I dunno why they'd limit it to begin with, it's nice to have a season ticket holder bring seven of his closest friends, presumably Oriole fans. Less likely for tickets to wind up on Stub Hub for the Yankees fans.

Season ticket holders get the tickets at a discount, so they could beat the box office price with fees and whatnot.

1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

Yep, until 2013-ish, you could buy twice as many tickets as were in your plan. Since then you could only buy as many tickets as were in your plan. Being able to buy 8 tickets with a 2 ticket 29-game (28 this year) plan is quite the jump.

Is the 8 tickets also the limit for 13 game plans?

If anyone wants me to grab them tickets for the season ticket holder price, shoot me a PM, as I will not likely have a need for 8 additional tickets.

8 is limit for 13 game plans as well. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I dunno why they'd limit it to begin with, it's nice to have a season ticket holder bring seven of his closest friends, presumably Oriole fans. Less likely for tickets to wind up on Stub Hub for the Yankees fans.

I think most likely that quite a few season ticket holders who buy eight will be selling tickets to Yankees fans at a profit. 

1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

Looks like other teams are struggling too.

Yes they are. KC has many ticket promotions. Royals have many promotions. $1.00 hot dogs and peanuts on Friday. $6.10 seats on Saturday and many more promotions. Marlins have these and other promotions:

\Each Monday at the ballpark, active and retired military personnel, veterans, fire rescue personnel and members of the police department receive two complimentary tickets. 

Fans 65 years or older are eligible to receive one complimentary ticket to Thursday home games this season. Simply have your identification card available and enter through the Humana Cabana entrance at Marlins Park to receive your ticket.

https://www.mlb.com/royals/tickets/specials/fan-value-corner

https://www.mlb.com/marlins/tickets/specials/offers

• Haha 1