Birdland Membership Open House

MarCakes21

I've never been to this event before, so I have a few questions:

- Can myself and my family just walk around, to some degree unobstructed, or will we have an usher with us at all times and try to be sold?

- Is this a widely populated event or fairly sparse?

- Is it worth taking younger kids with me with things to look at/do or am I better off on my own?

• Upvote 1

Yes, you are free to roam the stadium by yourself for the most part. Club level may or may not be open. The sales reps will be standing around the stadium in every couple sections but normally won't approach you except to say "please let me know if you have any questions". Available seats are marked. But if there is a seat you want that's not marked, ask, because decent chance it may be available.

I'd say it's fairly sparse. Less than 100 people in the stadium at any given time roaming around.

I'd definitely bring the kids. They sometimes have giveaways or goodies for the kids. It's a neat experience to see the stadium when it's so empty.

At least this is how it's been done in the past. I usually try to go down every year if they have it but I didn't make it last year. I hadn't heard any info about it this year until you said something.

If you plan on taking your kids to games with your season tickets you should get seats on the first base side of the stadium. The kids playground is over there so it will be much easier access for you during the game.

• Upvote 4

For those interested in attending the event this Saturday, here is some more info:

Birdland Memberships, formerly season ticket plans, are designed to take your relationship with the Orioles to a whole new level.

On Saturday, March 14, 2020 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m., our Birdland Memberships Open House allows fans who are interested in purchasing a 2020 Birdland Membership an opportunity to "try out" seats before they make a purchase.

Park in Lot A and enter the ballpark through Home Plate Plaza. Winners will be randomly selected throughout the day. No purchase necessary and you do not have to be present to win.

• 10:30 - Austin Hays autographed baseball
  • 11:30 - Chance Sisco autographed baseball
  • 12:30 - Richard Bleier autographed baseball
  • 1:30 - Chris Davis autographed baseball

Interested In Attending? Reserve Your Spot:  https://www.mlb.com/orioles/forms/open-house

Don't Wait! Purchase Your Birdland Membership Now!: https://www.mlb.com/orioles/tickets/season-tickets

Check in with a Birdland Sales Center representative & you could win autographed memorabilia

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I didn't think that was a homer off the bat.  I thought he got under it a little and that since it was going out to the Wall, there wasn't much of a chance -if any- that it was going to get out of the park. That's one of the more impressive things you'll ever see.  
    • The Orioles have to face two opponents every night:  the other team and the home plate umpire.    Tonight Thornton was able to retire Jordan Westburg without ever throwing a strike, because he got strike one called on a pitch 6 inches off the outside corner, got strike two on a phantom foul tip and forced Westburg to chase strike three.  Mullins and Rutschman were also put in the hole by terrible strike one calls in the ninth.  We are systematically disadvantaged on ball/strike calls.  My theory is that the umpires have had it in for the Orioles ever since Roberto Alomar spit on John Hirshbeck and Peter Angelos refused to discipline Alomar.   Maybe my explanation is wrong, but the fact is that the Orioles have one of the highest number of expected runs taken away from them by missed balls and strikes.   The robot umps can't come soon enough.  
    • The Orioles have to face two opponents every night:  the other team and the home plate umpire.    Tonight Thornton was able to retire Jordan Westburg without ever throwing a strike, because he got strike one called on a pitch 6 inches off the outside corner, got strike two on a phantom foul tip and forced Westburg to chase strike three.  Mullins and Rutschman were also put in the hole by terrible strike one calls in the ninth.  We are systematically disadvantaged on ball/strike calls.  My theory is that the umpires have had it in for the Orioles ever since Roberto Alomar spit on John Hirshbeck and Peter Angelos refused to discipline Alomar.   Maybe my explanation is wrong, but the fact is that the Orioles have one of the highest number of expected runs taken away from them by missed balls and strikes.   The robot umps can't come soon enough.  
    • Another good outing from the kid.  He’s pitching remarkable considering the run scoring environment in AAA.
    • Had a great spring, now hitting .271/.920 at Norfolk. Could he possibly be worse than Mullins? How much longer can we afford to carry Mullins producing zero offense? Any reports on the defense? When he came up with Cleveland he did not play CF but they had Myles Straw there. 
    • LHB have an .825 OPS against Munoz, RHB .247.
    • Cosign. Mateo is the better offensive player right now and Mullins is unplayable outside his defense. Cowser needs to start more in CF he looked ok the other day. Stowers did make ok contact pinch hitting for Mateo, but I would have preferred to see him or Mountcastle for Mullins to start the inning.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now