MLB suspended, Opening Day delayed indefinitely UPDATED

interloper

38 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

My neighbor deals cards at MGM.  Yesterday she said that they were letting parents off for two weeks.  Less than a day later, they totally shut down.

I looked back several pages, couldn't find it. Are MD schools closed?

So my brother and my sister-in-law caught it.  He tried to get tested for it Thursday and they told him they had no tests and to go home and isolate.  He suspects he got it from one of the many places he ate lunch in Dupont Circle over the last week or so.  No known contact otherwise and doesn't use mass transit.  Careful out there folks.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, oh-wee-ohs said:

So my brother and my sister-in-law caught it.  He tried to get tested for it Thursday and they told him they had no tests and to go home and isolate.  He suspects he got it from one of the many places he ate lunch in Dupont Circle over the last week or so.  No known contact otherwise and doesn't use mass transit.  Careful out there folks.

Hmmm, that’s disturbing.    I’m heading down to Hilton Head by car tomorrow.   Was already scheduled for vacation, but scrapped a flight to California in favor of this.   But there’s no place to escape this.  

31 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Hmmm, that’s disturbing.    I’m heading down to Hilton Head by car tomorrow.   Was already scheduled for vacation, but scrapped a flight to California in favor of this.   But there’s no place to escape this.  

I cancelled my vacation and as I work from home I guess being home is safe as you can be. I thought about  changing plans and  going to Key West as they had direct flights from Philly and the flights looked pretty empty but figured what happens if they shut down all flights.  Then I have to figure out how to get home from Key West with a one way rental car. 

1 hour ago, oh-wee-ohs said:

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully, they get a milder case and recover quickly. 

8 minutes ago, atomic said:

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully, they get a milder case and recover quickly. 

He's mid-30s and in good health. They have an 8 month old tho. He says the fatigue is real. He gets exhausted and wants to sleep after eating, washing a dish, taking out the trash. Been useless the last couple days.  Fever, chills, headache, and only mild sensations in the lungs so far which is good. Her symptoms have just started and they're hoping his wanes by the time hers kicks in so he can be helpful. Nephew is fine. So far.  

Please everyone take care of yourselves. Be safe and smart.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Be safe everywhere. As I have said very bumpy weeks coming up.Things will get crazy but not all about the virus. Won't be posting much for awhile Busy time for me.

Coronavirus Live Local Updates: SC health officials investigate 9 additional cases, bringing total to 28 https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/coronavirus-live-local-updates-american-airlines-expands-international-flight-suspensions/GWOAG53VT5CZJGABRWZKMJRMNA/

1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

Be safe everywhere. As I have said very bumpy weeks coming up.Things will get crazy but not all about the virus. Won't be posting much for awhile Busy time for me.

Coronavirus Live Local Updates: SC health officials investigate 9 additional cases, bringing total to 28 https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/coronavirus-live-local-updates-american-airlines-expands-international-flight-suspensions/GWOAG53VT5CZJGABRWZKMJRMNA/

Also be careful about any apps that supposedly track CV.  Some have malware.  If it's not one infection, it's another.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, atomic said:

I cancelled my vacation and as I work from home I guess being home is safe as you can be. I thought about  changing plans and  going to Key West as they had direct flights from Philly and the flights looked pretty empty but figured what happens if they shut down all flights.  Then I have to figure out how to get home from Key West with a one way rental car. 

Yea I am supposed to go to Charleston at the end of April, thinking that most likely won't happen