Filling The Baseball VOID

cboemmeljr

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Saved me some time and money when I had a marginal system.

I've got something now that can run anything...at varying levels of detail and speed.  ?

Yeah, mine's not the newest but it'll run most anything. Asus Core I5. 32 Gig of RAM. I'm only running Windows 7 tho.

19 minutes ago, scOtt said:

I have a copy of every version up thru 5. I even have a copy of the original Colonization. You can play one of 4 civilizations, England, France, Spain or the Dutch. Objective is to build colonies, collect resources and make finished goods from them, rebel and gain independence from your mother country.

You got me beat.  I have Civ 1, Civ2 (and Civ 2 variants: Call to Power, Test of Time).  A friend had Civ 3 when I grew up and we played that and Civ 2 Hot Seat during the summers.  That was a long time ago.  

Anyways, I got to get into the newer ones.  I'll use that link Can_of_corn provided.

Edit: I just remembered I did play Colonization a bit back in the day, that was fun.  I might have to get that too.  In fact a college history professor actually referenced that in one of my classes.  It's funny how much I've learned from playing those games.

33 minutes ago, O's84 said:

You got me beat.  I have Civ 1, Civ2 (and Civ 2 variants: Call to Power, Test of Time).  A friend had Civ 3 when I grew up and we played that and Civ 2 Hot Seat during the summers.  That was a long time ago.  

Anyways, I got to get into the newer ones.  I'll use that link Can_of_corn provided.

Edit: I just remembered I did play Colonization a bit back in the day, that was fun.  I might have to get that too.  In fact a college history professor actually referenced that in one of my classes.  It's funny how much I've learned from playing those games.

Yes! This! I had never heard of Sun Tzu, many other things! "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." Kind of the difference between Mike Elias and previous regimes... ?

I had a bought copy of Colonization but it's hard to get it running in the latest Windows. The version I use now (rarely play it, pretty tedious...) I got from Steam. Like $1.99.

Never had a copy of Civ 1.

• Upvote 1

HBO is having a free weekend so us non subscribers can watch and use their on demand service.  So I am binging the 5 episodes of Chernobyl, 3 tonight and 2 tomorrow.

The Howard County Library is closing for 2 weeks starting Monday so I went today and got 5 books.

As of now my work is still open.  We'll see how long that lasts.  If I get protracted time off work I'll probably binge The Wire on Amazon Prime.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, SteveA said:

HBO is having a free weekend so us non subscribers can watch and use their on demand service.  So I am binging the 5 episodes of Chernobyl, 3 tonight and 2 tomorrow.

The Howard County Library is closing for 2 weeks starting Monday so I went today and got 5 books.

As of now my work is still open.  We'll see how long that lasts.  If I get protracted time off work I'll probably binge The Wire on Amazon Prime.

I was running thru the channels trying t find HBO (not free here) but I did find Fast and Furious 6 on FX.

I’ve been throwing myself into MLB 9 Innings on my phone. It is oddly and irrationally addictive - quite possibly the best gameplay/graphics I’ve ever seen on a baseball game, on any platform. 

Obviously the O’s are my user team, but somehow I’ve drafted/developed a nearly all Cubs roster (it's all by chance - just depends on what cards you pull and how good the player is). It’s a plus in that it gives my team a bunch of extra benefits/boosts (too long to explain how that works), but still. And it’s weird seeing bearded Jake in orange and black.

On 3/14/2020 at 11:49 AM, Moose Milligan said:

Somewhat interested to see what Billy's take is on the game.  Curious to see what your thoughts are.

Anti reading, I'll be picking up MLB The Show in a couple days when it's released.  Quarantining myself, will play a good chunk of that.  Maybe try to get the Orioles to the World Series.

And, baring the nerd depths of my soul here to you fellow nerds, I unleash to you a blog that I'd started back in September and will pick up again here shortly...

https://notanotherbaseballcardblog.wordpress.com

I'm looking forward to the release of Out of the Park 21 later this week.  I have a hybrid fictional league I've had going for many decades where I run the Continental League as a third major, but the rest of the world mostly still exists as in real life.  In this alternate universe both Weiters and Manny are still Orioles and annual MVP candidates.  And I had nothing to do with this, I swear, but the AI moved the Yankees to Indianapolis a few years back.

Version 21 has a basic 3D stadium editor included, which I'm sure I'll be a huge fan of.  You've always been able to define stadiums with dimensions and park effects, but this brings actual modeling, and the ability to change dimensions and stands and other attributes and have that reflected in the park effects. I've been missing this since the Earl Weaver baseball series in the late 80s and early 90s.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I'm looking forward to the release of Out of the Park 21 later this week.  I have a hybrid fictional league I've had going for many decades where I run the Continental League as a third major, but the rest of the world mostly still exists as in real life.  In this alternate universe both Weiters and Manny are still Orioles and annual MVP candidates.  And I had nothing to do with this, I swear, but the AI moved the Yankees to Indianapolis a few years back.

Version 21 has a basic 3D stadium editor included, which I'm sure I'll be a huge fan of.  You've always been able to define stadiums with dimensions and park effects, but this brings actual modeling, and the ability to change dimensions and stands and other attributes and have that reflected in the park effects. I've been missing this since the Earl Weaver baseball series in the late 80s and early 90s.

Oh this looks cool.  I've seen this before, didn't know it was available for Mac.  I might check this out.

There's also good old https://www.whatifsports.com/mlb/