If there are no minors, Akin and Kremer need to be on the team

wildcard

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

To me it refers to a guy who's just perpetually on the fringe between AAA and the majors.  I don't know if a Quad-A guy ever really dominates anywhere.  

It's just semantics, but I'm pretty sure the term originated with the old perception that minor league numbers didn't really mean anything and that there were players who were awesome in the high minors but had some kind of fatal flaws that made them terrible major leaguers.  That entire concept has been debunked, which may be why the term has taken on other connotations.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

o

(AUGUST 22nd)

I would expect and our plans are to have Keegan Akin back up here this year." Hyde said. "I dont know what his role will be. I think that will depend on the makeup of our pitching staff whenever hes up. It could be a mixture of roles. But we still view him as a starting prospect long term. And Dean Kremers knocking on the door, too. I think ordinarily he would be in AAA right now. He didnt pitch much at AAA last year. Its kind of a shame that hes missing out on that. But hes throwing well at the alternate site in Bowie."

He (Kremer) had a really minor groin thing that slowed him down, and hes still kind of building back up, Hyde continued. "But I just saw him yesterday and he threw 4 innings, I want to say ...... he looked good, so we could see him up here in the Majors at some point, but well just have to see how things go.

Elias Impressed with Akin, Kremer, and Diaz

(By Roch Kubatko)

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2020/08/elias-impressed-with-akin-kremer-and-diaz.html

o

12 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

(AUGUST 22nd)

I would expect and our plans are to have Keegan Akin back up here this year." Hyde said. "I dont know what his role will be. I think that will depend on the makeup of our pitching staff whenever hes up. It could be a mixture of roles. But we still view him as a starting prospect long term. And Dean Kremers knocking on the door, too. I think ordinarily he would be in AAA right now. He didnt pitch much at AAA last year. Its kind of a shame that hes missing out on that. But hes throwing well at the alternate site in Bowie."

He (Kremer) had a really minor groin thing that slowed him down, and hes still kind of building back up, Hyde continued. "But I just saw him yesterday and he threw 4 innings, I want to say ...... he looked good, so we could see him up here in the Majors at some point, but well just have to see how things go.

Elias Impressed with Akin, Kremer, and Diaz

(By Roch Kubatko)

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2020/08/elias-impressed-with-akin-kremer-and-diaz.html

o

No mention of Baumann or Lowther?

39 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Lowther has not made it to Bowie yet.    Mountcastle mentioned Baumann as one to the tough pitchers he was facing at Bowie.

They should both be up. I don’t know much about either one, but now is the time to give them a chance and they are both projected for 2020 anyway.